Windows 10: "File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error.

Discus and support "File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to access my File Explorer options so I can set "This PC" as default for File Explorer instead of Quick access, and every time I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillFHardy, Jul 4, 2016.

1. "File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error.

I'm trying to access my File Explorer options so I can set "This PC" as default for File Explorer instead of Quick access, and every time I click "Options" I receive the following error: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I've tried looking this issue up, I've attempted both fixes in this article and for the regedit one I get to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ and have no Explorer file after so I cannot delete a "Disallow Run" folder, and for the Group Policy fix, everything under "User Configuration"->"Administrative Templates"->"System" is already "Not configured" so the error doesn't seem to coming from there, either.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this has been bothering me for awhile now.

:)

BillFHardy, Jul 4, 2016
  2. John582n Win User

How do I get the Libraries I had created into "This PC" of Windows 10?

In File Explorer go View > Options > View > then tick the last tick box "Show Libraries" > OK

John582n, Jul 4, 2016
  3. storage > " others"

We have no clue how this thing is increasing.. And we have no option other to reset our phone to bring "other" in phone storage in place . Please fix this problem as soon as possible .

anonymous1---01, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

"File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error.

1. "File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error. - Similar Threads - File Explorer >View

2. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  3. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  4. File Explorer Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Restrictions: I am my laptop administrator. When I try to enter a file in my new MacAfee Vault, this is what I get: - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-restrictions/690655c7-9e49-40aa-a5aa-0909a58e7101
  5. File Explorer - stick to standard view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - stick to standard view options: In Windows 10 File Explorer, I'm used to the Details View usual format with columns Name, Type, Date Created, Date Modified, Size, etc. But anytime a folder contains media files like audio or video, I get only columns like Album, Title, Contributing Artists, etc., when I need...
  6. Windows File explorer giving error

Windows File explorer giving error: So i have been facing this issue that whenever I open a folder or a drive in my computer ,Then it shows windows cannot find "C:\Users\<username>Appdata\Local \Temp\OnmqPcc.exe" Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again..Here is the error..Please Help me...
  7. File explorer save options view

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer save options view: I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer. I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly where they are because they are listed alphabetically. Now with this File Explorer upgrade they are listed by date. I've...
  8. file explorer view options

file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing

ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing: I'd like to use ES File Explorer on my rooted GS2 Android phone to view a folder on my Windows 10 PC. My PC shares a Public Folder with other members on our local Private network. When I share the laptop folder (Share with -> specific people) and select my PC account, the...