Windows 10: File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?

Discus and support File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was remapping the default folders under THIS PC. Somehow (and I have no idea how), two folders named DOCUMENTS appear with no DOWNLOADS folder. See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jhusbands, Jan 9, 2016.

1. jhusbands Win User

File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?

I was remapping the default folders under THIS PC. Somehow (and I have no idea how), two folders named DOCUMENTS appear with no DOWNLOADS folder. See pic:

File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut? [​IMG]

Interestingly enough, at random times, I may open file explorer and see two DOWNLOADS folders and no DOCUMENTS folder? If you'll notice, the icons for DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS have not changed.

I thought it would be easy enough to rename, but it appears you are unable to rename those particular folders under THIS PC.

Any ideas on a fix? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks all!

:)

jhusbands, Jan 9, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Explorer opens when ActiveSync 4.5 does

So, it is the same thing as if you clicked on File Explorer? If so, a shortcut must have got "wacked". What devie do you have?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?

1. File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut? - Similar Threads - File Explorer wacked

2. File explorer Bugging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer Bugging out: see the image i sent as attachment and tell me what is it??is it a bug??? have you seen this on your computer or is there virus on my computer??it happned to me today i havent seen such a thing on my computer before today...
  3. File explorer Bugging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer Bugging out: see the image i sent as attachment and tell me what is it??is it a bug??? have you seen this on your computer or is there virus on my computer??it happned to me today i havent seen such a thing on my computer before today...
  4. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several issues.Currently, file explorer displays no thumbnails and "options" is grayed out. If I right click on a file and presses "open with", it completely freezes explorer, I cant even alt-tab, I have to terminate it.On other...
  5. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several random issues.Randomly, it will stop showing file thumbnails and have "options" grayed out. Sometimes it will not display folders' content, sometimes it will. It's very annoying.It's fixed by rebooting, but I don't want to...
  6. My Windows 10 Wacked out For a Minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Wacked out For a Minute: I really have no idea what just happened. I had four or five tabs going on. I put the cursor over one tab, the little drop down square popped up to tell me which tab it was and then everything went weird. My cursor froze I should add that my mouse is not wireless, then it...
  7. File Explorer Display is Out of Order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Display is Out of Order: The left panel of the File Explorer has irregularities which I would like to correct. "Downloads" is imbedded within "Documents". When displaying the documents library as large icons the icon for downloads (along with the large downward pointing arrow) is shown as if it...
  8. After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack: So here are my specs: i7-7700k, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM, i have a phenomenal NZXT liquid cooling AIO system, an m.2 solid state for OS and a 1TB HDD, etc...my computer has ran perfectly up until i updated some dumb stuff through the windows update in the system settings. since i...
  9. Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated): Out of nowhere, the sound in my headphones are crackling/muffled/fuzzy. I've tried: -Re-installing drivers -Trying new drivers (microsoft HD) -Ensured onboard sound card is enabled and working -No option to roll back -No recovery point -Restarting -Confirmed there...
  10. Microsoft out of wack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft out of wack: I can not use any of my Microsoft apps such as calculator, and it indicates I have to fix my Microsoft apps so I can continue using this device. Whats going on?...