Windows 10: File Explorer window stuck in the background

Discus and support File Explorer window stuck in the background in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have 4 file explorer windows open, plus a couple of apps like Chrome, Outlook, LibreOffice. I click on 1 of file explorer windows in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GODisaRefuge4Us, Sep 2, 2018.

1. GODisaRefuge4Us Win User

File Explorer window stuck in the background

Hello. I have 4 file explorer windows open, plus a couple of apps like Chrome, Outlook, LibreOffice. I click on 1 of file explorer windows in the taskbar that happens to be in the background in order to bring the window forward, but it will not come forward. It stays in the background. I can click on the other 3 file explorer windows and they come forward just fine.

If I minimize my open windows (the 3 file explorer windows and other applications), then I can get to the offending file explorer window that is in the background, and I can continue working in that window. Another option is to close the annoying file explorer window and reopen it.

I've noticed this issue in the past 3 months or so, but have been too busy to post about it. I've had Windows 10 since it came-out, and no problem like this until recently.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix/workaround? Thanks.

Windows 10, version 1803, Successfully installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2018
    RAM 20GB
    last update Successfully installed on ‎8/‎14/‎2018: KB4343909

:)

GODisaRefuge4Us, Sep 2, 2018
  2. naftalit Win User

Window 10 file explorer stuck

Hi Deepika,

Thanks on your help

I try all three suggestion but unfortunately the problem remain.

It is look the explorer stuck when I right clicking on file letter or try to past file.

Some details on the steps:

Step 1: When the Task manager is open no Window Explorer task exist. Clicking on File Explorer under Start menu window, bring Window Explorer task. Than I End the task using task manager and reopen the task by Run New Task in the task manger. The Window
    Explorer task is appeared in the Task manger and on the screen window. Right clicking on the disk letter the Explorer was stuck again.

Step 2: I run the checkdisk on disk C (contains the Window) without /f and get report all is OK

Step 3: I run the Memory diagnostic. After long waiting time a report OK is received.

Any other suggestion will be appreciate

Thank

Naftali

naftalit, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue File Explorer window stuck in the background :p

Frick, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer window stuck in the background - Similar Threads - File Explorer window

2. How do we change the background color of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do we change the background color of file explorer?: We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a nightmare. Why would Windows remove a such a helpful feature? Is there some workaround besides high contrast? (High contrast...
  3. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  4. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  5. Black/greyish background in windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black/greyish background in windows explorer.: I found this image on the internet somewhere. How can I have such dark interface in windows 10 file explorer ? Moreover, this is not a separate file manager. If you take a closer look on the left edge, you can see the a cropped portion of list having pinned shortcuts which...
  6. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...
  7. Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?

Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?: [img] Like In Pic (On Windows 7) I Need Change From White Colour to Grey. Can I Do This On Windows 10 ? 42528
  8. Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions

Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions: Good Afternoon, I have moved from FreeBSD to Win 10. The glaring white of the aforementioned objects is really painful to my old eyes. I cannot find references on Google about how to change this. I found one post that alleges this obnoxious color was hard coded. Can...
  9. Changing file explorer background for windows 10 ofc

Changing file explorer background for windows 10 ofc: Hello everyone. I'm sure this has been asked a 1001 times lol... but no one seems to have the answer. So this is my last stop until I just deal with it. I'd like to change the file explorer window to a darker color along with the REST of the default DARK theme windows 10 has....
  10. Browser, File Explorer stuck in refresh loop - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser, File Explorer stuck in refresh loop - Help!: I've got an Asus X205TA running windows 10. Without indication or warning, stuff starts refreshing. Web pages ocassionally refresh on their own, even when I am in the middle of something. Sometimes they get stuck in a refresh loop, and the right/left click stops working...