Windows 10: File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

Discus and support File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I recently reset my laptop (ASUS ROG Series) and since then the file explorer has been giving me trouble. Either it doesn't open (if I restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShanyaG, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ShanyaG Win User

File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

Hi. I recently reset my laptop (ASUS ROG Series) and since then the file explorer has been giving me trouble. Either it doesn't open (if I restart the laptop then it does) but then it stops responding again or certain links won't open and my laptop also crashed once because of this.

I checked the drivers as well but they're up to date.
    Can anyone help me with this?

:)

ShanyaG, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2018
  3. wren9x Win User
    Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, Jul 9, 2018
  4. File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

Windows 10 : File explorer no responding

We appreciate your time and effort in getting back to us. Sorry for the delay in responding

Are you still facing the issue?

Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the keyboard.
    • Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to access the Command Prompt, type cmd and press Enter. Run the following command.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.

• Click Update and Recovery

• Check for updates under Windows Updates.
    Let us know the status if the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

1. File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding - Similar Threads - File Explorer Responding

2. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  3. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  4. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have OneDrive which is working well but File Explorer keeps “not responding” every time I try to move or copy files, sometimes even opening a file. I also tried the steps on your page Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...)...
  6. windows file explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows file explorer not responding: Hello, I can't open any files through Windows Explorer. I continue to get "not responding." I have tried multiple fixes including reinstalling where I had to uninstall all my apps. I reinstalled and Windows Explorer worked briefly but now I am receiving the error again. I...
  7. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Responding: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop (Lenovo D330) that I have used for around three weeks now. There were no problems before. All of a sudden, yesterday until today, every time I open my file explorer, everything works fine, it shows all the files contained in...
  8. File Explorer not responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer not responding in Windows 10: I ran into the problem of file explorer not responding. I tried a couple of fixes that were recommended. I tried resetting the default but it didn't work. I tied restarting file explorer in the task manager and it didn't work....
  9. Windows 10 file explorer not responding

Windows 10 file explorer not responding: With respect to this particular problem. It started today immediately after I downloaded the Fall Update, and it affects both of my computers which have entirely different drivers installed. Why does Microsoft habitually blame the customer's equipment/software/drivers when...
  10. Windows File Explorer not responding WINDOWS 10.

Windows File Explorer not responding WINDOWS 10.: I am having this problem for 3-2 months and so I decided to ask people on a forum. Every time when I open file explorer it works fine or is slow as hell, but when I am trying to access a folder it says that it's not responding and freezes. After this, I searched on the...