Windows 10: File Explorer won't open

Discus and support File Explorer won't open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018.

1. File Explorer won't open

Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs

Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018
  2. rboppy Win User

It starts but won't open a window on the desktop. Just happened, so I restarted (had to wait for an update to be installed*Mad), then after the restart, it still won't open, click the icon on the task bar, keystroke flag+E, click the icon on the start menu. The task bar shows all 3 windows and when I hover the mouse I see all three, the won't open.

Any ideas?

:)

rboppy, Apr 10, 2018
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 10, 2018
  4. File Explorer won't open

My file explorer won't open

Original Title: File Explorer

My file explorer won't open. When I click on it, the screen goes black for a second and then it's back to the desktop. I've restarted the computer and no difference, I've opened the properties window for file explorer and reset defaults but it still won't
    open.

TerryAston, Apr 10, 2018
  5. Long shot here.. right click your desktop and click on Display Settings. See if you have an extra screen in the setup there. A while back I had an extra one appear and it hid a couple programs on there.

Access Denied, Apr 10, 2018
  6. rboppy Win User
    It seems I've had a momentary brain lapse, my desktop is a laptop with an external monitor and I use the laptop monitor once in a while as an extended screen, and my laptop turns on the extended screen once in a while and that's where my file explorers were hiding.

I really appriciate your reply!

rboppy, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer won't open

1. File Explorer won't open - Similar Threads - File Explorer won't

2. Help! File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! File Explorer won't open: I have outlined the issue in this short video:https://youtu.be/QBCEXgLfocYI have tried everything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-file-explorer-wont-open/62b2ebe9-0720-42ef-ac16-190acbdec8bf
  3. Help! File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! File Explorer won't open: I have outlined the issue in this short video:https://youtu.be/QBCEXgLfocYI have tried everything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-file-explorer-wont-open/62b2ebe9-0720-42ef-ac16-190acbdec8bf
  4. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't open on screen.: Even though I can see the "File Explorer" Icon on the task bar, I can't view it on my computer screen. I can use the mouse to hover over it, but when I try to click on it. it doesn't expand on the screen....
  5. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer won't open on screen.: Even though I can see the "File Explorer" Icon on the task bar, I can't view it on my computer screen. I can use the mouse to hover over it, but when I try to click on it. it doesn't expand on the screen....
  6. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Files Explorer won't open files

Files Explorer won't open files: So this has been an issue today. I try to open a file in Files explorer, then it just freezes and show my mouse cursor as on blue loading circle. Please help!...
  8. File explorer won't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer won't open any files: Whenever I click a file in file explorer it just gives me an infinite loading cursor I still have alot of space and I have deleted thumbnail cache can anyone help submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments]...
  9. My File Explorer Won't Open

My File Explorer Won't Open: I have been trying to fix this issue for the past few days. When I try to open the file explorer my desktop goes blank and so does my taskbar and then it comes back like a reset. I open the task manager and it says it's running, but I can not see it. Please help me....
  10. Manage won't open in File Explorer

Manage won't open in File Explorer: Since windows update, Manage won't open at the top of the page in File Explorer. What have they done? This is an useful application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-wont-open-in-file-explorer/f7d2c844-3ab1-4faa-92d6-399a61b75aa8"