Windows 10: File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.

Discus and support File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you're like me, you always jump between the different menu tabs on the File Explorer window. Home, Share, View, Play etc. [img] For me I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.

If you're like me, you always jump between the different menu tabs on the File Explorer window. Home, Share, View, Play etc.

File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown. [​IMG]

For me I always use Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename buttons, along with New Folder and Select All when editing or moving files. None of the other buttons you can see above in the Home Tab have any use to me. I ignore the Share and Play Tabs, but I reguarly go into View so that I can change how the files look (Large Icons, Details View etc), and have quickly show file extentions or show hidden files, or folder options.

I hated having to switch tabs all the time when each tab had so many useless crap I never use.

But now I have found that you can right-click on anything in these tabs and add it to the Quick Access Ribbon. Something that hasn't been communicated properly in Windows 7, 8 or 10. And of course the Quick Access ribbon can be moved from the blue window boarder, to it's own menu, and I can collapse the actual giant tabs and all their buttons.

:)

ksdixon, Mar 16, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

windows file explorer

Hi,

Open Windows File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, click 'Options'

In the resulting dialog at the top change 'Open File Explorer to:' to This PC rather than Quick Access

That's It!

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2016
  3. EGT75 Win User
    WIndows 10 File Explorer Extremely slow, does not load

EGT75, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Great post. Never heard of this before, thanks for the info.

Ztruker, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

1. File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown. - Similar Threads - File Explorer's Quick

2. In File Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  3. Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.

Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.: Many files came in quick access tab which i have used 2 months ago that too only once. I am not able to clear them using 'file explorer options'. [ATTACH]...
  4. File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working: Hi, I accidentally destroyed my quick access menu inside the file explorer: Quick Access does not contain anything [ATTACH] Some registry folder I found on the internet which might something to do with it [ATTACH] What happens if I try to add a folder [ATTACH] The...
  5. Quick access missing in file explorer.

Quick access missing in file explorer.: Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing-in-file-explorer/595eabd2-5403-42e8-b335-cfb9dc75b289"
  6. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  7. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  8. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  9. File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..: So File Explorer Quick Access shows Recent Folders, because I pinned it to be there: [img] But, when you go to "Save as" dialog box, Recent Folders inexplicably disappears from Quick Access: [img] Why is that? How can I fix it so that "Save as" and "Open" show...
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...