Windows 10: File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.

Discus and support File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you're like me, you always jump between the different menu tabs on the File Explorer window. Home, Share, View, Play etc. [img] For me I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.

If you're like me, you always jump between the different menu tabs on the File Explorer window. Home, Share, View, Play etc.

File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown. [​IMG]

For me I always use Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename buttons, along with New Folder and Select All when editing or moving files. None of the other buttons you can see above in the Home Tab have any use to me. I ignore the Share and Play Tabs, but I reguarly go into View so that I can change how the files look (Large Icons, Details View etc), and have quickly show file extentions or show hidden files, or folder options.

I hated having to switch tabs all the time when each tab had so many useless crap I never use.

But now I have found that you can right-click on anything in these tabs and add it to the Quick Access Ribbon. Something that hasn't been communicated properly in Windows 7, 8 or 10. And of course the Quick Access ribbon can be moved from the blue window boarder, to it's own menu, and I can collapse the actual giant tabs and all their buttons.

:)

ksdixon, Mar 16, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

windows file explorer

Hi,

Open Windows File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, click 'Options'

In the resulting dialog at the top change 'Open File Explorer to:' to This PC rather than Quick Access

That's It!

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2016
  3. EGT75 Win User
    WIndows 10 File Explorer Extremely slow, does not load

EGT75, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Great post. Never heard of this before, thanks for the info.

Ztruker, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

1. File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown. - Similar Threads - File Explorer's Quick

2. Win10 File Explorer Quick Access Cannot Hold More Than 1 Entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 File Explorer Quick Access Cannot Hold More Than 1 Entry: Win 10 Home, fully updated.The File Explorer Quick Access FE QA behaviour has recently changed on one of my systems. It was working as expected previously and I do not know of any recent, specific system changes might be a culprit. There have been some but, honestly, how...
  3. Win10 File Explorer Quick Access Cannot Hold More Than 1 Entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 File Explorer Quick Access Cannot Hold More Than 1 Entry: Win 10 Home, fully updated.The File Explorer Quick Access FE QA behaviour has recently changed on one of my systems. It was working as expected previously and I do not know of any recent, specific system changes might be a culprit. There have been some but, honestly, how...
  4. Win10 File Explorer Quick Access Cannot Hold More Than 1 Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Quick Access in File Explorer

Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  6. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  7. Is it possible to display more than 20 recent files in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to display more than 20 recent files in Quick Access?: Is there a way to increase the number of recent files that are shown in quick access? I'm going through all the different folder options but I'm not seeing it anywhere. submitted by /u/k1lluminat1 [link] [comments]...
  8. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  9. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  10. Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below File Explorer Ribbon

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below File Explorer Ribbon: How to: Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below File Explorer Ribbon How to Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below Ribbon in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...