Windows 10: File extension for Open Office Writer

Discus and support File extension for Open Office Writer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using MSOffice Word for quite some time. I want to switch over to Open Office Writer. Can I save a file that I make in Writer with an docx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frank1, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

File extension for Open Office Writer

I've been using MSOffice Word for quite some time. I want to switch over to Open Office Writer. Can I save a file that I make in Writer with an docx file extinsion? If not, since I have dozens of files with the docx externsion, which is the best one that I can save my documents to?

:)

Frank1, Feb 1, 2015

2. xpsport as a filename

Yes, when using XPS Document Writer to print it names the file xpsport with no extension.

If I rename the file and give it the extension .xps I can then read it. I've used XPS Doc.

Writer in 8.1 with no problem. After updating to W10 every time I use XPS Doc. Writer

I have to give the document a meaning full name with .xps extension to read it. I've been

through the deleting and adding the XPS Doc. Writer and driver several times with no

change. I don't understand how the port name winds up as the file name.

richardpope70, Feb 1, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Microsoft Print to PDF

Yep, Office 2016 can open/convert some types of PDF to an editable format,

Here is another tip that will work every time and that most users are unaware of:

• Make sure file extensions are showing (In File Explorer, on the View Tab, check the box 'File Name Extensions'
    • From any application, click Print
    • Print to the Virtual XPS Document Writer which is in most versions of Windows
    • You will then end up with a document with either a .xps or .oxps extension
    • Change the extension to .zip
    • Extract the the document (now a zip file) to a folder
    • Inside that folder, navigate to: Documents\1\Resources\Images
    • In that folder will be all the original images contained in the PDF

Glad that worked for you, if you have any more questions, please contact us at MS Community!

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2015
Thema:

File extension for Open Office Writer

1. File extension for Open Office Writer - Similar Threads - File extension Open

2. Default Zoom level for Libre Office Writer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Zoom level for Libre Office Writer: Hi,What is the default zoom level for a Libre Office Writer document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-zoom-level-for-libre-office-writer/309fea2b-4782-4fed-8a6e-a5209cb70390
  3. Default Zoom level for Libre Office Writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Zoom level for Libre Office Writer: Hi,What is the default zoom level for a Libre Office Writer document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-zoom-level-for-libre-office-writer/309fea2b-4782-4fed-8a6e-a5209cb70390
  4. Office file dont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office file dont open: Hi, Recently any of my files of office 365 open in my desktop pc, i try evreting, compatibility, re install, and do not work, the only process that works is to open the aplicattion in admin mode, but the aplication open but i can not modify o read some files....
  5. Office file dont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office file dont open: Hi, Recently any of my files of office 365 open in my desktop pc, i try evreting, compatibility, re install, and do not work, the only process that works is to open the aplicattion in admin mode, but the aplication open but i can not modify o read some files....
  6. Office files not opening in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files not opening in onedrive: Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the windows explorer. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting with onedrive and restarting, but that doesn't work. Can you please...
  7. MY LIBRA OFFICE WRITER FILES HAVE ALL BEEN DESTROYED OVERNIGHT

MY LIBRA OFFICE WRITER FILES HAVE ALL BEEN DESTROYED OVERNIGHT: I STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT THIS IS THE WORK OF MICROSOFT THE DESTRUCTION BEGAN A FEW WEEKS AGO WITH A FAIRLY COMPREHENSIVE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE. THIS RESULTED IN SOME KEYBOARD KEYS BEING REARRANGED E.G. THE @ KEY IS NOW AT FIG 2 ETC ETC PRESUMABLY THIS IS A RESULT OF UTTER...
  8. What opens file with .afw extension?

What opens file with .afw extension?: As title1 An update file has been downloaded for my router. The file extension is .afw, but after much searching I cannot find an application with which to associate the extension and open the file. I need help; please....
  9. libre office writer and voice regognition

in Microsoft Office and 365
    libre office writer and voice regognition: Is it possible to dictate in libre office writer with the voice recognition software in win 10? You are supposed to be able to do so in win word. Thanks, Kevin 41768
  10. Cannot open file with .wav.shs extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open file with .wav.shs extension: I have an audio file that was saved from a mobile telephone voicemail on either windows xp or windows 7 in 2009. It has a .wav.shs extension. I no longer have the computer on which it was saved. I'm trying to play it, but unsuccessfully. I understand the shs extension is...