Windows 10: File History does not backup Desktop

Discus and support File History does not backup Desktop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Using Goodsync - 2 evenings wasted trying to fix File History - no more 20201 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by grobbit, Aug 29, 2015.

1. grobbit Win User

File History does not backup Desktop

Using Goodsync - 2 evenings wasted trying to fix File History - no more

:)

grobbit, Aug 29, 2015

2. File History Does Not Backup Recycle Bin in Win 10

I want File History to backup the Recycle Bin. In fact, I SEEM to recollect it used to do that. What I have done:

The Recycle Bin icon is on the desktop.

On Folder View, I have checked "Show hidden folders."

File History is set to, and does backup, other folders on the desktop.

It does not appear as a folder that can be added to File History Backup, under the File History Settings.

John Looze, Aug 29, 2015
  3. SD Card don't sdhow up as File History Drive

My SD card does not whos up in the list of drives to select for File History Backup. It is formatted as an NTFS drive and inserted into a micro SD card slot of my Kangaroo Mobile Desktop PC.

Q1: Why does not Windows 10 list my SD card as a File History backup drive to use?

Q2: What constraints does Windows 10 apply to select available File History Drives?

Q3: IS there a way to configure (e.g. Format a suitable file system) my SD card to have Windows 10 use it for File History Backup?

Thanks!

/Kjell-Olov (CIO The ITfied AB)

Kjell/Olov H;gdahl, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

File History does not backup Desktop

1. File History does not backup Desktop - Similar Threads - File History does

2. File History and backup to a NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History and backup to a NAS: I have been trying to use file history in Windows 10 to back up to my NAS. It works to backup everything but the documents which it refuses to do unless an alteration has been made to the document. I have looked at other advice on the community pages and everything suggested...
  3. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: I use File History in Win 10 to back up my files to a 500GB WD My Passport portable hard drive. I also use WD SmartWare installed from the WD drive to back up my files. This seems redundant and maybe overkill. Is it safe to rely solely on File History which would allow...
  4. File History, Image Backup

File History, Image Backup: File History image backup fails to complete as of last Windows update. However, Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup works correctly. As a result the backup is on the external hard drive, but I get Notifications on waking up the computer " Check your Backup". File...
  5. Problem with file history backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with file history backup: I cannot change the drive for FILE HISTORY. I have been able to remove the old drive but although the drive I want is listed, clicking it has no effect. Is FILE HISTORY of much use anyway? I have not bothered with it before, and when I look at what has been saved it seems...
  6. Backup and Restore with File History

Backup and Restore with File History: I'm backing up using file history. If I indicate a folder structure such as c:\Users, do all subordinate or child folders and files contained therein get backed up. I tried a test of this and it does not seem to do the backup. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing?...
  7. Backup using file history

Backup using file history: I am attempting to backup to my external drive using file history, I have done this many times before with no problem, but now it would appear file history does not see my external drive leaving a Red X after the drive name. Not had any problem before & I am using the same...
  8. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"
  9. Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?

Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?: Windows 10 Pro v1803 I'm sure when I first used File History with Windows 8.x or Windows 10 (can't quite remember) it backed up everything then backed up news files plus copies of changed files. I noticed the other day loads of files were missing in the File History backup...
  10. File History Backup Options

File History Backup Options: Hi, I have a two part question. First, I turned on File History the first of the month, set the 'Back up my files' to daily and it now reports that the last backup was on 5/9/2016, about a week after I set it up, and viewing the data seems to support that, nothing dated...