Windows 10: File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

Discus and support File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robbiespence1968, Apr 22, 2024.

1. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I needed to restore by going through D drive and a convoluted path called “D:\FileHistory\Rxx\DESKTOP-2LJYJM\Data\C\Users\Rxx\...etc.Why doesn't File History show all my folders via the usual path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / etc?

:)

robbiespence1968, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Shawn Brink, Apr 22, 2024
  3. File History saves and shows empty folders

Hi Jeffrey,

I recommend you to select a different File History drive and check if the issue persists.

Also I suggest you to Change how long File History keeps files.

Refer the below steps

1. Press Windows key + X from the Keyboard and click on Control panel.

2. Control panel Window will be open, change the View by: Category to Large icons to Small icons.

3. Click on File history and click on Advanced settings.

4. Next to Save copies of files, tap or click the list, and choose a time interval.

5. Next to Keep saved versions, tap or click the list, and choose a time interval.

6.Click on Save changes

Note:
    File History doesn't automatically delete versions of files older than the time interval you choose unless your drive is getting full and space is needed to back up more recent versions

Also, I suggest to Reconnect the drive and Reselect your File History drive

Refer the below link and check if helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...f3eda7c5b2b/reconnect-your-file-history-drive

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 22, 2024
  4. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

File History

Hi Adeyemi

The problems I see.

1. When I look at files in File History some excel files that I use every day are in file History many times. Its almost like as if File History just does another copy of the file so File History is full of the same file.
    2. Does File History only keep the latest version of a file or does it keep every change. So, a file I updated daily e.g. Rain received I will get 365 files in a year.
    3. When I go to the File History and click on Properties then click on View Items is shows me that MAIL is about 1.49GB this is I guess my main issue. When I look at files in File History I can not find MAIL to clean this section out. I was told by someone that outlook or mail was a big issue as it seems to over fill File History. So how do I find the Mail folder in file History to clean it up that is delete old mail.
    Spoke to Microsoft support, they suggested formatting my external hard drive. But this did not make a lot on sense to me so have not done that yet.

Graeme Stevens, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

1. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders? - Similar Threads - File History Why

2. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...
  3. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...
  4. Why did Microsoft File History not backup all of the files in my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Microsoft File History not backup all of the files in my Documents folder?: My hard drive failed. I have manually backed up regularly using MS File History. When I tried to copy the files from my backup drive to another computer, I discovered that many many files were missing. For example, a folder might contain a random selection of files. Another...
  5. Why did Microsoft File History not backup all of the files in my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Microsoft File History not backup all of the files in my Documents folder?: My hard drive failed. I have manually backed up regularly using MS File History. When I tried to copy the files from my backup drive to another computer, I discovered that many many files were missing. For example, a folder might contain a random selection of files. Another...
  6. File history folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  7. File history folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  8. Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder: New here and first time posting here so I apologize if Im in the wrong section. So I made a file back up onto a 2TB My Passport external hard drive using Windows 10 File History backup. I later renamed the folder to something other than the standard "FileHistory" windows...
  9. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...
  10. Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10: How to: Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10 How to Manually Create a File History Backup in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to...