Windows 10: File management problem

Discus and support File management problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I take a lot of pictures and store them in a folder. Each set of pictures is given a name starting with the date taken then the location. (Example:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jharpj, Feb 4, 2016.

1. jharpj Win User

File management problem

I take a lot of pictures and store them in a folder. Each set of pictures is given a name starting with the date taken then the location. (Example: 16.1.10.Palm Springs) If somebody gives me a photo that belongs between pictures number 15 and 16 I should be able to name it picture 15.5 and it should move itself to the proper location in the picture lineup between 15 and 16 but it does not even though I have the folder set to sort by name.How do I fix this?

:)

jharpj, Feb 4, 2016

2. XV6800 Sync Problem - File Management

Glad to hear that. Enjoy your device.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Feb 4, 2016
  3. RRLady Win User
    XV6800 Sync Problem - File Management

Linley,

I did the repair of WMDC, but the problem still exists.

Do you have any other ideas?

RRLady, Feb 4, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

File management problem

If you sort them by date, then you have to work with that. Else you have to number them and sort by those numbers. Then your other scheme works.

5. Edwin New Member
    You would have to rename it 15B or 15C, etc.
    It's a Windows alphanumeric thing! *Confused

Edwin, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Santa Win User
    Windows sees a dot (.) as an alphanumeric not a decimal point. The same thing happens when yo sort numbers - 8, 9, 10, 11 sort as 10, 11, 8, 9. You have to put some zeros in front to make it work correctly.

Santa, Feb 5, 2016
  7. jharpj Win User
    Okay - I figured out what I was doing wrong.Case closed.

jharpj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File management problem

1. File management problem - Similar Threads - File management problem

2. file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file manager: By mistake i have changed my desktop file location to D drive and now none of my desktop file is showing on my home screen . Please tell how to correct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manager/7a833a21-f1ac-40d6-b38a-41896a3f8e8e
  3. File Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Manager: intenso usb 3.0 ultra line 32gb not recognized in File Manager. Device Manager shows it in Disk Drives folder but in Other Devices folder itshows as unrecognized device. when this is deleted, the usb 3.0 is deleted in File Manager....
  4. file management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file management: I recently bought a desktop pc. I synced it with my old laptop's account. It doesn't seem to let me save anything cause of a problem in the path. Any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-management/53e2a474-d0af-4536-92d5-c1a130da823f
  5. File manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File manager: I installed w10 after a day installing I notice the file manager changed missing to the left doc music videos downloads and other devices any way to revert back 163484
  6. File Manager Problem in Windows10

File Manager Problem in Windows10: Lately when using file manager with pictures .jpg the thumbnails will not show. No matter which size choose picture thumbnails will not appear. The problem is further complicated because a simple re-boot fixes the problem and thumbnails appear for while... then a day later...
  7. Problems with File Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with File Manager: Fie Manager crashes every time I try to access a file in One Drive. Also the file tiles in File Manager no longer show what type of file it is. I'm running Windows 10 and Office 365. The computer is 6 years old. What can I do to get things running properly again?...
  8. file management

file management: Why can't I copy files on onedrive straight to a local drive without it being zipped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-management/0b1a93f2-0e3b-4ac0-bc9e-876f6b7c45c2"
  9. File Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager: File Manager doesn't pick up other PCs and NAS on Network. Any fixes? 100834
  10. File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    File Manager: I have discovered that I am not able to create new folders. When I click ThisPC I am able to view existing folders but not create new ones? Anyone else having problems? 14205