Windows 10: File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc

Discus and support File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I like to have many windows/folder open on my computer, and it's a drag to minimize everything to get to the desktop. So I use a pinned folder from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RealJustMe, Oct 11, 2017.

1. File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc

So I like to have many windows/folder open on my computer, and it's a drag to minimize everything to get to the desktop. So I use a pinned folder from the taskbar to quickly open my desktop.

I followed a tutorial and managed to pin a folder which leads me directly to Desktop when I click it.

However, the desktop in file manager doesn't show This PC, Recycle Bin, Mozilla Firefox (the 3 files I currently have on my desktop), but it only shows 2 folders I have on my desktop.

How can I make ALL files and folders I have on my desktop show also when I open desktop through the file manager?

I hope I'm clear. Please help me out guys.

:)

RealJustMe, Oct 11, 2017

2. OneDrive and Edge

Hard to "Compare" IE and Edge settings. But Edge is set to "Don't block cookies".

I have found that when I select Pictures Edge shows the same as on IE and when I select PCs then select my desktop the Favorites, Libraries and Drives show, but this is the whole PC not the OneDrive folder that has been uploaded to the cloud. Selecting
    Files, Recent, Shared, or Recycle Bin results in the same as the screen above where as with IE I get the display one would expect from each of those choices.

FYI When I go to Settings>Options>Manage Storage> Empty Recycle Bin> View Recycle Bin I get the same error display.

CharlesStagg, Oct 11, 2017
  3. FINDING the Recycle Bin in Windows 10

I'm not sure why the Recycle Bin isn't on your Desktop by default (it was for me, but also did a clean install):

Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings -> select the Recycle Bin to have it on your Desktop (same for This PC, your user folder, Control Panel, and the Network).

You can also pin the Recycle Bin to the Start Menu if you like (right click on the Recycle Bin)

A_User_Here, Oct 11, 2017
  4. File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc

So when I click on File Explorer in the taskbar, it opens the Desktop.

But it says that it's empty. It's not. It has My Computer, Recycle Bin, and Mozilla Firefox on it.

Why are these files not displaying on the File Explorer -> Desktop area?

Come on guys, I really need this. Super important for me.

RealJustMe, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Okay guys, I did it. So now all of my desktop icons are displayed in File Explorer.

However... also some files I don't have on my desktop are displayed now. Like Network, Control Panel, OneDrive, and one more.

I'm trying to customize this. Can I somehow block specific files/folders from appearing no my desktop in file explorer?

RealJustMe, Oct 11, 2017
  6. File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc [​IMG]

So here is my desktop in file explorer. See the 5 icons I pointed to? Those icons are not on my desktop. I don't know what they're doing there (and one of them is OneDrive, which I followed the tutorial from this forum to completely remove OneDrive).

How can I remove those files/folder (not completely, just to not show in file explorer/desktop)???

Thanks *Smile

RealJustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc

1. File Manager -> Desktop | Not Showing Recycle bin, This PC, etc - Similar Threads - File Manager Desktop

2. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  3. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  4. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....: A warning message flashed today and it said the recycle bin is corrupted. I tried to delete the files and reset the recycle bin, but some sort of XML files, a dll file and desktop. file was included and I don't know how to restore this. Any help?...
  6. XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....: A warning message flashed today and it said the recycle bin is corrupted. I tried to delete the files and reset the recycle bin, but some sort of XML files, a dll file and desktop. file was included and I don't know how to restore this. Any help?...
  7. XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  9. File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin

File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin: I have a disk that is full, I deleted file and emptied the recycle bin and it is still full. Using windirstat, I can see there is 1.6G in $RECYCLE.BIN : [ATTACH] But when I go to the Recycle bin, it shows as Empty : [ATTACH] How could I retrieve the space associated...
  10. Recycle Bin on desktop

Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"