Windows 10: File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders

Discus and support File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am needing to sort all data files on my disk in chronological order. Does anybody know of a free app that will let me sort all my files in chrono... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Aug 6, 2018.

1. File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders

I am needing to sort all data files on my disk in chronological order.

Does anybody know of a free app that will let me sort all my files in chrono order?

This came up in my first search:

Total Commander
    Total Commander - Wikipedia
    Total Commander - home
    Total Commander - TOTALCMD.NET

It sounds like it will do the job during the trial period, but I thought 37.- Euros ca 47USD a bit steep.

In searching "file manager for windows 10" I found this page. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/free-...ftware-windows
    with more hits following.

Does anyone one know if the file managers on this list, or elsewhere, will help me?

Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations,

:)

mikeincousa, Aug 6, 2018
  2. 409409409 Win User

Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Sorting folders and files in file explorer Windows 10

How can I sort files in the "directory" so that folders are listed alphabetically and below the files are in descending date order. "date modified. The fix for Windows 7 is not working for me. It can sort by descending date modified which puts the folders
    at the bottom of the list or by name which puts folders at top and files below all alphabetically.

Patricia_382, Aug 6, 2018
  4. File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders

sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders

1. File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders - Similar Threads - File Manager Sorting

2. sort files by date, but with all folders at top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort files by date, but with all folders at top?: In W10 I had the ability to sort explorer views with all folders at the top, and then all files sorted by descending date.I don't recall the magic settings for this, but cannot seem to reproduce it in W11.Any way?...
  3. sort files by date, but with all folders at top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sort files by date, but with all folders at top?: In W10 I had the ability to sort explorer views with all folders at the top, and then all files sorted by descending date.I don't recall the magic settings for this, but cannot seem to reproduce it in W11.Any way?...
  4. Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?: Hi, I've recently ran into a conundrum that I can't find a solution to. I am trying to organise my collection of photographs. Since a lot of photos only have a random set of letters and numbers for a name such as IMG_78953, it makes sense to order them in their folders by the...
  5. Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?: Hi, I've recently ran into a conundrum that I can't find a solution to. I am trying to organise my collection of photographs. Since a lot of photos only have a random set of letters and numbers for a name such as IMG_78953, it makes sense to order them in their folders by the...
  6. Creation date of a file

Creation date of a file: I rename in PowerShell an existing file from Syslog.log to SyslogBack.log. The creation date of SyslogBack.log is inherited from Syslog.log which is OK.Now I create a new Syslog.log using the PowerShell cmdlet Add-content.It turns out that Windows did not forget about the...
  7. File Folder Sorting by date in name

File Folder Sorting by date in name: I have folders where the name starts with the date. IE: 04.14.21 Name, which is April 14, 2021. How do I sort these by Newest to Oldest date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-sorting-by-date-in-name/618a448c-717d-40bb-870b-a52badbddc56
  8. Sort files by date with folders on top

Sort files by date with folders on top: Until recently, when I used File Explorer, the folder list was always at the top! If I want to sort everything inside a folder by name ascending, it put the folders on top by name ascending then files next by name ascending. If I want to sort everything inside a folder by...
  9. Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?: Heyo! I would like to drag songs from my computer to my phone, but some songs are still in extra folders and some are not. Is there any way to display files and folders together in Win 10? Not so that the folders are at the top and the files at the bottom, but e.g. folder...
  10. File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date

File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date: I am compiling an album of vacation photos and need to sort them by creation date as there may be some filename changes and photoediting involved. The files are sourced from a camera SD card and two samsung smartphones. The sort by creation date appears to sort the files in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file manager sort folders files by date

2. windows file manger to sort by date

3. how to sort files in windows file manager based on creation date