Windows 10: File Manager

Discus and support File Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; File Manager doesn't pick up other PCs and NAS on Network. Any fixes? 100834 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017.

1. fjk61011 Win User

File Manager

File Manager doesn't pick up other PCs and NAS on Network.

Any fixes?

:)

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  2. alex80386 Win User

file deleted from file manager

Do you know the name of the file?

Many files are log files and others that are not important and as mentioned by thetao - the standard file manager hides many important files and folders so the most important files are not likely to be removed by the file manager.

If the missing file is not causing any problems, then most likely there is no need to worry and when you get the upcoming PR2 aka "Anna" upgrade in the next 1-2 months, then the file should get replaced with a new one.

alex80386, Dec 20, 2017
  3. file deleted from file manager

By mistake I deleted a file from phone memory in the file manager. Is to important to have all the orgianal files in the file manager or do I reload the software. What do I do. i have a E 7.

nandabelliappa---01, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Clintlgm Win User

File Manager

How is your LAN Local Area Network set up? do you have a Peer to Peer workgroup set up? or are you using Home group?

Clintlgm, Dec 20, 2017
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    workgroup.

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    You need to share credentials then.

7. fjk61011 Win User
    No PCs or NAS shows in File Manager/Network. How Can I share Credentials?

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

File Manager

Explain it better.

Post a picture.

7 words isn't enough.

"File Manager" doesn't exist in Windows so you could be talking about your Phone, Linux or perhaps your GPS.

9. fjk61011 Win User
    File Explorer. Shows Media Server of the NAS but not the NAS itself. On PC.

File Manager [​IMG]

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  10. fjk61011 Win User
    The NAS and 17063 PC is viewable from Laptop Running FCU.

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  11. fjk61011 Win User
    I've reinstalled FCU and am copying files from the NAS.

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    OK well unless you are trying some haiku competition you'll have more luck explaining your problem in detail.

You could try this:

Past
    It worked like this (and here is a picture)

Present
    Now it doesn't (and here is a picture)

No-one on any forum is going to bother answering you if can't be arsed to describe the question and then only write five word answers.

You want help? Explain it properly. If not I'm out (and you'll find the same issue elsewhere).

Put some effort in mate - I'm sure you can.

13. fjk61011 Win User

File Manager

Typing on my phone. Will elaborate when I get to my pc. Immediate problem solved accessing the NAS from fcu. On the Feedback Hub there are a lot of post with similar issues in 17063. , machines on network not showing in file manager

fjk61011, Dec 20, 2017
  14. fjk61011 Win User
    Back from Star Wars. Will report in tomorrow.

fjk61011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

File Manager

1. File Manager - Similar Threads - File Manager

2. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  3. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  4. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager: I've been having this issue for months now, and I still don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I have to even use aps like FileASSASSIN to remove some files, due to it crashing all the time.Sometimes it just doesn't show or do anything when I do something with my files, or the...
  6. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager: I've been having this issue for months now, and I still don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I have to even use aps like FileASSASSIN to remove some files, due to it crashing all the time.Sometimes it just doesn't show or do anything when I do something with my files, or the...
  7. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  9. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  10. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware