Windows 10: file save & task scheduler

Discus and support file save & task scheduler in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I save my backup files on a separate PC which I am using for storage of pictures . how can I setup the task scheduler on my main PC to start my 2nd PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexanderd, Nov 12, 2015.

1. file save & task scheduler

I save my backup files on a separate PC which I am using for storage of pictures . how can I setup the task scheduler on my main PC to start my 2nd PC to backup my files, and after 30minutes using the task scheduler on PC 2 to ask if I wanted to turn of the PC?
    can any one suggest how this can be done?

:)

alexanderd, Nov 12, 2015

2. Windows Script Host: Can not find script file

Hi,

The script file was added by a malware. Your AV program removed it but the startup entry or the scheduled task remains, which is what causes the error.

Download
    Autoruns
    from Microsoft site and run it as administrator.

From the File menu, click Save As to save the listings to a .ARN file.

Zip the file, upload to your cloud account and share the link here.

The offending entry is most likely loading as a Scheduled Task.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Task Scheduler

Copy the above lines to Notepad and save with .xml extension.

Open Task Scheduler, and go to:

Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows Defender

Click Import Task.. and point to the xml file.

Note: Program Files path is C:\ in my system. If Windows installation is in a different drive in your system, change the Program Files path accordingly in the XML file.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

file save & task scheduler

1. file save & task scheduler - Similar Threads - file save task

2. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  3. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  4. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  5. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  6. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. Schedule Task Save Errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Schedule Task Save Errors: I am having this error in Macrium Reflect when trying to set a new schedule. I have to add an exclusion to the Antivirus software which is Defender? in Advanced Setup under exclusions I need to add one for Macrium and I have the text to add but so far I cannot find how to...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...