Windows 10: File sharing having trouble mixed XP, XP virtual, and Windows 10

Discus and support File sharing having trouble mixed XP, XP virtual, and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a Hyper-V virtual instance of Windows XP running under Windows 10. The network share from the Windows 10 side is failing to be usable under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Humblewizard, Mar 2, 2016.

1. File sharing having trouble mixed XP, XP virtual, and Windows 10

I have a Hyper-V virtual instance of Windows XP running under Windows 10. The network share from the Windows 10 side is failing to be usable under the XP instance due to a "you lack permission to access".

I have a few other XP machines on the network that are able to access the Windows 10 share without difficulty and the other Windows XP boxes can see and access the shared files on the XP instance on the Hyper V and the other direction too.

How do I get the Hyper V instance to see the share on it's own host box?

:)

Humblewizard, Mar 2, 2016
  2. KMead Win User

Printer sharing Windows 10 and Windows XP

I have a similar problem. I have a virtual XP machine running under Hyper-V, originally on a Windows 8.1 machine. File and printer sharing with the host machine all worked fine. After upgrading to Windows 10, file sharing with the host is still working,
    but I can't add any printers in the virtual XP machine. I get the same "credentials supplied were insufficient" message when I use the 'Add printer' wizard. A workaround for this would be much appreciated.

KMead, Mar 2, 2016
  3. No access to shared files after Windows 10 update

I have one pc running windows 10 and two other machines running windows XP and they are all on the same network. Until a recent update everything fine but now there appears to be no way the the XP machines can access files on the windows 10 machine. I have
    tried virtually every solution offered on various forums but, nothing is successful. Any suggestions please will be greatly appreciated.

File Sharing- Original Title

brassdecor, Mar 2, 2016
  4. File sharing having trouble mixed XP, XP virtual, and Windows 10

I'm still looking for a suggestion on this one.

Humblewizard, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

File sharing having trouble mixed XP, XP virtual, and Windows 10

1. File sharing having trouble mixed XP, XP virtual, and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File sharing having

2. Unable to share programs and files between windows 10 and its virtual machine with XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to share programs and files between windows 10 and its virtual machine with XP: Hi, I installed Windows 10 virtual machine using Hyper-V manager and XP as operating system on it. While hitting "My computer" in XP it shows the local virtual disk only. How can I see and share anything with the Windows 10 drives like I easily did with Windows 7 virtual...
  3. Unable to share programs and files between windows 10 and its virtual machine with XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to share programs and files between windows 10 and its virtual machine with XP: Hi, I installed Windows 10 virtual machine using Hyper-V manager and XP as operating system on it. While hitting "My computer" in XP it shows the local virtual disk only. How can I see and share anything with the Windows 10 drives like I easily did with Windows 7 virtual...
  4. Unable to share programs and files between windows 10 and its virtual machine with XP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows File Sharing between Windows 10 and Windows XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Sharing between Windows 10 and Windows XP: Hi, I have two PC's connected to a LAN that does not have internet access. All computers and a couple industrial automation components are assigned a fixed IP address within the range 192.168.3.x subnet mask 255.255.255.0. The two PC's I have connected to this LAN are...
  6. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  7. Virtual XP

Virtual XP: Where do I look for directions and discussion for using Virtual XP on a Windows 10 computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-xp/0964eb2c-6c4d-4e07-9475-3d888f414044
  8. Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10

Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10: Hi all- I'm looking for some suggestions on how to install Windows XP virtual PC on to my new Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Really need XP to run some very old Windows 32-bit apps. Can I do it on windows 10? what are the other possibilities? Thanks for you time....
  9. sharing between windows 10 and XP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing between windows 10 and XP: Hi to all i have installed printer model HP laserjet1300 on windows 10 machine now i want to share this printer with a machine running Windows XP.but i failed to succeed. is it possible or there is no compatibility between both windows for purpose of sharing printer?? 93899
  10. Sharing files on Windows 10 to Windows XP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing files on Windows 10 to Windows XP: Well, I've just about configured everything I need for Windows 10. Last is file sharing. It's the same old story with Microsoft sharing. See from one, can't see from another. I'm not using homegroup. The problem or error I receive is that on the XP laptop, the message says I...