Windows 10: File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files

Discus and support File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; set that "server" up to automatically sign in a user at start up? Tutorial: Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manchua, Apr 5, 2018.

1. manchua Win User

File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files

manchua, Apr 5, 2018
  2. manchua Win User

Hello! I'm having an issue right now with my home "server." The server is actually just a PC running Windows 10 Pro x64, and I have it set up in a closet with no monitor, keyboard, or mouse. It stays on 24/7 and just acts as a personal file server/plex media server. My issue is, if I have a power outage, I can't access my files unless I actually log in first. I have RDP set up on one of my other PC's to login, but is there any way I can enable that PC to begin sharing again after a reboot without logging in first? Thanks!

:)

manchua, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Fail to access a file stored on a shared folder at computer startup

More Info.

Is the other PC logged in or powered on, and if not, is the other PC shared file set for access offline.

Is this shared file in their Public folder

is the file on an additional drive connected to other PC L:
    \\THAT PC

is the file just selected to be shared and located in L:
    \\THAT PC

seahawks65, Apr 19, 2018
  4. File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 19, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
Thema:

File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files

1. File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files - Similar Threads - File sharing without

2. Sharing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing files: I have a W10 desktop and a W11 laptop. How can I share desktop files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files/c73bb97c-8457-4fe1-bd14-8ade362f9d49
  3. Sharing files without internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing files without internet connection: I want to share a file with my friend but without the use of internet because it is a big file. I also can't use wired connection because his PC is at a good distance from mine. Is there a way we can connect our PCs wirelessly and share files without internet connection ? If...
  4. Recover user files without logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover user files without logging in?: I have folders on portable drive previously set to READ only by everyone else and full by my user account. Now system has been down for weeks I take the drive to another laptop with same user name and password I can't gain full control. Back then Windows would treat them as...
  5. File sharing from PC to TV?

File sharing from PC to TV?: Hi, I have managed to connect my PC with the TV at least so far that I can see my PC under Media "Pictures, Music, Videos", but. I don't see any files. I have actively so: [ATTACH] He can see the folders of my PC (the TV), but no files :( I have tried this...
  6. How to share files without home group??

How to share files without home group??: I have two computers - Windows 8 and Windows 10. I used to share files using a Homegroup. Now I have the home group just on Windows 8. How can I share files to drop them from one PC to the other?...
  7. Saving crash logs without a page file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving crash logs without a page file: I am working on a system that has page file disabled for security reasons. I absolutely cannot post any details from the machine, again, for security reasons, so I have to find the cause of the crashes myself. What I need to know is if there is a way to save crash logs or...
  8. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  9. File Sharing Across Two PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Sharing Across Two PC's: I have what I hope is a simple question. BUT, first, my setup: I have two PC's, connected by an ethernet cable. So as to not get too complicated, I use those PC's with ONE mouse and ONE keyboard using Mouse Without Borders, a FANTASTIC program that is working well....
  10. How can I share printer on network without sharing files?

How can I share printer on network without sharing files?: I am inquiring about a home network. Would like to share a printer on desktopA with others on network. It works great with laptopA which is on same Microsoft account. But others in the house are not on this Microsoft account, and I do not want to give them access to files -...