Windows 10: File sync software suggestions?

Discus and support File sync software suggestions? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I need a free program that checks folder A (and all subfolders) and copies changes across to folder B (and subfolders). It should be reliable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomStrong, Aug 22, 2016.

1. TomStrong Win User

File sync software suggestions?

Hello, I need a free program that checks folder A (and all subfolders) and copies changes across to folder B (and subfolders).

It should be reliable (i.e not crash in the middle of a sync job), do the job accurately and have a relatively simple interface.

I have been using FreeFileSync for a while now which does this well but with the amount of adware being bundled of late, am looking for an alternative. Any suggestions?

:)

TomStrong, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Julie fka profjulie, Aug 22, 2016
  3. How do I get my tv shows and movies that i have from my computwer to my Windows phone.

All media files are synced to a windows phone 7 via the Zune software that is installed on your desktop computer. The first thing you need to do is set up your Zune software to include the folders where these files reside and then you might be able to
    sync them to your phone....I've had mixed results syncing video files to my phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 22, 2016
  4. File sync software suggestions?

Alan Russell, Aug 22, 2016
  5. TomStrong Win User
    That was the first sync software I used in the XP days but changed after MS discontinued support with Win 7 and stopped updating it (as you can see in the system requirements on that page).

TomStrong, Aug 22, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    I've used SyncBack by 2BrightSparks for quite a while after Microsoft abandoned SyncToy, but just before doing so introduced a 'bug' that prevented it from deleting files in the destination that were deleted on the source when mirroring. Microsoft said they fixed it, but didn't, which made it useless for me. But it was out of support regardless, so it was time to move on.

There are both free and paid versions of SyncBack. Link here:
    Backup software comparison - SyncBackPro, SyncBackSE and SyncBackFree

It's a bit full on due to the amount of options, so it's more of a techie type person's tool. User Manual for free version is here:
    https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets...BackFreeV7.pdf (PDF DIRECT LINK)

In your example, it sounds like you're simply making a backup and syncing Folder A to Folder B. In which case, Mirror one way from Folder A (Source) to Folder B (Destination) and set it to delete files on the destination that have been deleted on the source.

With file syncing, always do test runs first on dummy data to make sure it's doing exactly what you want it to do, before using it on any real data.

File sync software suggestions? [​IMG]

ARC1020, Aug 22, 2016
  8. File sync software suggestions?

Cornishman, Aug 22, 2016
  9. PiKo Win User
    I have been using FreeFileSync for a while now which does this well but with the amount of adware being bundled of late, am looking for an alternative. Any suggestions?

I am very happy with FreeFileSync. With downloading a programme, you always have to be careful with checking or unchecking items. And always check for the expert modus. Doing that, FreeFileSync is a perfect programme without adware.

10. TomStrong Win User
    Yes I am very careful to untick the adware installation box during set up but the problem has been getting worse, so much so that various antivirus programs including Win Defender is flagging it as malware and preventing installation. It's a known problem and has been discussed more than once on the FFS forum itself e.g FreeFileSync 8.4 Install. Problem - FreeFileSync Forum

TomStrong, Aug 23, 2016
  11. TomStrong Win User
    @ARC1020
    I was a big fan of SyncToy as well till MS abandoned it and now that you mention, I think I stopped after encountering that bug as well. Will take a look at Syncback, thanks

TomStrong, Aug 23, 2016
  12. PiKo Win User
    The updates 8.3 and earlier never gave a problem. Also Defender did not flag it. And after every update I check in programmes and features whether by accident adware was also installed. Did not occur.
    I did not yet install the update 8.4. Maybe, problems are 8.4 related. I will wait with further updating.

13. Samuria Win User

RoboCop is the best built into windows just run as mirror very fast built for servers been the tool for years

Samuria, Aug 23, 2016
  14. Phone Man Win User
    I am using MS SyncToy 2.1 (x64) on my Windows 10 system and it works great. I use the ECHO mode and always use the Preview function first. This seems to fix the problem ARC had as mine has never failed me.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 23, 2016
  15. altae Win User
    PureSync. It's available as free version with reduced features.

altae, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

1. File sync software suggestions? - Similar Threads - File sync software

2. Software Storage Space Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Storage Space Suggestion: There should always be any forms of media and visual demonstrations shown posted on up on this type of site as well as on the types of sites for all of the types of techno companies existing in the world itself in general that actually work in the ways that this type does in...
  3. Software Storage Space Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Storage Space Suggestion: There should always be any forms of media and visual demonstrations shown posted on up on this type of site as well as on the types of sites for all of the types of techno companies existing in the world itself in general that actually work in the ways that this type does in...
  4. One Drive sync suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive sync suggestion: I want to suggest way of sync to PC to clouds when i move a file to other folder on my PC cloud should move same way i did on my PC, not reupload the f**king file,And made a way to sync any folder in the Andoid or other device and have option to have *excluded folders*...
  5. One Drive sync suggestion

One Drive sync suggestion: I want to suggest way of sync to PC to clouds when i move a file to other folder on my PC cloud should move same way i did on my PC, not reupload the f**king file,And made a way to sync any folder in the Andoid or other device and have option to have *excluded folders*...
  6. Bandwidth meter software suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bandwidth meter software suggestions?: I'm looking for a Bandwidth meter software, which can show the bandwidth at the taskbar Also allows to check the ping and traceroute options Looking for a lightweight software. submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments]...
  7. 3D design software suggestions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3D design software suggestions: I've had no luck finding software to create 3D objects. Not for beginners, anyway. I don't want any online, because you can't save the objects. Blender is too complicated. I tried FreeCAD but there were no instructions and it froze my PC. I've been searching for one just...
  8. How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

in Windows 10 Support
    How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough: I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates: Date Created Last Modified Last Accessed A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates. However,...
  9. Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?: There are so many anti viruses in the market. The last one I used was Nod32. It was on windows 8 pro. Now on windows 10 I didn't decide yet what to use if at all. Should I have any anti virus software on the pc ? Is the defender built in windows is good enough ? When I...
  10. Suggestions for free audio software

Suggestions for free audio software: Am set up now and wanting to add some software for copying to and playing audio from the Music library now that WMP is not in 10. So any suggestions welcome *Smile 55432