Windows 10: file system is not opened

Discus and support file system is not opened in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoltLN, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NoltLN Win User

file system is not opened

why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something

:)

NoltLN, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Aug 16, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile file system is not opened :)

jaydeee, Aug 16, 2018
  4. file system is not opened

file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

file system is not opened

1. file system is not opened - Similar Threads - file system opened

2. Issues Opening Files After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues Opening Files After System Restore: After doing a system restore, I would try to open files, such as a text document, and receive the "Windows cannot find ***.txt. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I restarted the PC which didn't fix the problem. I then opened notepad itself, closed...
  3. file system error -2147219196 opening pictures

file system error -2147219196 opening pictures: Windows 10, Microsoft Photo App fails to open pictures, fails with file system error -2147219196.I have:> used the reset procedure for the app> performed the RegEdit solution for the error> Performed a repair install of Windows 10> Used Powershell to uninstall the...
  4. cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system: I tried to install something and it had .otf files included. When I tried to delete them it says that it is open in system.Could anyone please help...
  5. cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system

cannot delete .otf file as it is open in system: I tried to install something and it had .otf files included. When I tried to delete them it says that it is open in system.Could anyone please help...
  6. Cannot delete a file open in System

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a file open in System: On my laptop there is a single 118 gb file, just sitting there. It does nothing except take up space, and I believe it was put there by the Xbox app. My hard drive is very low on space because of this file, taking up more than half of the space, and everything has noticeably...
  7. Attempting to open a file of type 'system file' (.dll)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting to open a file of type 'system file' (.dll): A couple weeks ago, my computer crashed while running MS Excel. After rebooting, I wasn't able to save the recovered files. A window would pop up saying it's trying to connect with "C:\Users\satchitbanada" but, for some reason it wasn't connecting. When I opened file...
  8. File system error when opening *.png files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error when opening *.png files?: Hey, As of today, when I open a *.png file, the message appears: *file + path* File system error (-2143322102) I have not installed or downloaded anything before, let alone changed anything on the system or the like. The file format *.png is set to the program...
  9. File is open in system / locked for editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File is open in system / locked for editing: I'm sorry if this is not categorized correctly as there were several ways I could think of to categorize it give him the drop-down options asking this question :-). I have a simple home style network setup with Windows 10 running on the machine that is sharing the drive....
  10. "File System Error" on opening Image files

"File System Error" on opening Image files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I encounter a problem recently that when I open any image file, Photos app opens and closes with a flash and showing this error on all kind of pictures. [ATTACH] One change I have observed it that a new app auto installed...