Windows 10: File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile

Discus and support File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My previous s6 and now s8 phone have experienced a weird possible bug when transferring files from my Windows 10 PC to my phone. I have decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peteyt, Oct 25, 2017.

1. peteyt Win User

File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile

My previous s6 and now s8 phone have experienced a weird possible bug when transferring files from my Windows 10 PC to my phone. I have decided to finally see if anyone has experienced this. As I'm unsure if this is a Samsung or Windows issue I have posted this on here and the samsung forum.

Basically I have a decent amount of music on my phone. The problem I am experiencing seems to occur if I transfer music from my pc to my phone when I already have some music from that artist on the phone.

I will try to explain what I do for this issue to occur. Basically I will type a specific artist into my music folder on my computer and then transfer everything from that artist to my phone's music folder - the phone is connected via USB. Often I have some tracks already from an artist on the phone and rather than looking for the ones that I don't add I just highlight them all and drag and drop them into my phones music folder - this is when the issue occurs. Firstly as expected, I will get a popup telling me that some of the files exist - I select skip and tell windows to remember this.

However what happens next is some files might be added, but often some if not all will be ignored even though they are not on the phone. This issue also often seems to occur when there is a large amount of music and I have had to scroll down - by this I mean I have selected a large amount of music to move, so not all is shown in the window without scrolling. Even though it is all highlighted sometimes the tracks that seem to get ignored are the ones that are not seen.

I hope I have explained this well enough. It is a weird thing and I'm not sure the cause. I am using the latest stable (non insider) version of windows, the fall creators update, but have experienced this before updating to the latest version.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced or heard of this?

thanks
    peter

:)

peteyt, Oct 25, 2017
  2. rbb01 Win User

Problem opening one particular Excel mobile file (WM 6 Pro)

Hi

I transferred to my PC and eventhough there were some error messages given when I initially tried opening the file using the PC, MS Excel 2007 managed to repair the file. I've transferred the file back to my mobile and file now can be opened successfully.

Thanks a lot.

rbb01, Oct 25, 2017
  3. 2222_375 Win User
    Issue on usb connection with pc

my mobile model is Nokia lumia530 ,in my mobile i have a doubt how to change file transfer mode to pc suite mode .please will you clarify my issue ...because when i am connecting to the it asking me to quit file transfer mode.

thanking you,

2222_375, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile

1. File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile - Similar Threads - File Transfer issue

2. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  3. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  4. File transfer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  5. File transfer issue

File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  6. File Transfer Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Issues: im trying to do a deep clean of my external hard drives SSD's so im moving things over to my computers Drive and formating the drives, however, the computers drive is super slow when transfering files and keeps giving off an error 0x8007045d But its not due to the external...
  7. File Transfer Issues

File Transfer Issues: im trying to do a deep clean of my external hard drives SSD's so im moving things over to my computers Drive and formating the drives, however, the computers drive is super slow when transfering files and keeps giving off an error 0x8007045d But its not due to the external...
  8. File Transfer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. File Transfer Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Issue: Hello, I was transferring files from my USB flash drive to my Documents folder, but there was a problem with the USB and it stopped working while transferring my files. Could my files be corrupted? And could this affect my computer? Please let me know. Any help will be...
  10. no transfer box when transfering files

in Windows 10 Support
    no transfer box when transfering files: I'm talking about one of the below transfer boxes. I no longer see one when copying files so I have to guess when it is finished. It seems to have started after my last weekly update. I'm running Build 11082 with all the latest updates. [img] 34653