Windows 10: File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN

Discus and support File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The issue File transfers are capping at 355KBps downloading above 1MB mostly I shared internet connection with my friend and its a 10Mbps one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beret21, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Beret21 Win User

File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN

The issue
    File transfers are capping at 355KBps downloading above 1MB mostly

I shared internet connection with my friend and its a 10Mbps one.
    Network is as below

First is Internet router 54Mbps
    Second is Repeater (Tenda N300 300Mbps) My frnds laptop is connected to this via wifi.
    Third is TL-WR720N 150Mbps
    4th is my pc connected with Ethernet cable to TL-WR720N

My download speed is around 1MB or a lil above mostly

However if i share my HDD and my friend or I copy something the speed is fixed at 355KBps ( Even with everything stopped i mean no downloads or load on network)

What i tried
    • The connection is N mode showing 72Mbps on both laptops and off course 100Mbps on my PC over Ethernet cable. Connecting MY PC and Laptop we directly via ethernet cable we get 98MBps transfer
    • Sharing files directly between 2 Laptops connected with Tenda N300 ( The repeater router ) the transfer was still capping at 355KBps.
    I have tried changing the channels and as we were testing i made sure that the signal strength was above 80% for sure.
    In short in repeater mode or normal mode the transfer is capping at 355KBps.

• Googled alot before posting here so please dont say to google it.
    • Tried disabling and enabling TCP tuning. (some windows setting ) Tried updating drivers.

Nothing has worked.

:)

Beret21, Jul 21, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Transferring files to another folder. Speed issue.

It depends on the type of files being transferred, as well as size. Also, despite the faster velociraptor, it transfer speed cannot be fully utilized, since it is limited by the slower drive's ability to write the data. Finally, write is always slower than read.

However, all that said, that sustained transfer speed is a little bit low I think, without further info.

rtwjunkie, Jul 21, 2018
  3. LAN transfer speed fluctuation

I recently bought a new Win 10 laptop. I transfered my data from my old win7 laptop to the new one via lan cable. But the copying speed fluctuates between 11 MBPS to 200 KBPS. And am talking about a single large file of about 11 GB. I don't get it. I am
    not using internet connection and only those two computers are connected via LAN. I just wanna know the reason for such fluctuation.

Somanath Kale, Jul 21, 2018
  4. File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN

1. File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN - Similar Threads - File transfer slower

2. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  3. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  4. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.: Hey. I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds. [ATTACH] I bought a new wifi card...
  5. LAN transfer speed slow

LAN transfer speed slow: I'm copying large amount of files from another PC, about 40gb, but the speed is quite slow, about 25-30 MB/s despite I have a Gigabit router. So far I've tried disabling LSO on one PC, the other PC don't have that options. Also I disabled global autotuning on both PC. Then...
  6. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  7. Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home: Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home [ATTACH] I have tried few things nothing worked out 1.Windows update 2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled 3. Restart Modem...
  8. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  9. Ethernet is slower than wireless....

Ethernet is slower than wireless....: I have a problem that my IP says is my Ethernet adapter... I have updated drivers, and tried just about everything, with no success.. My wireless speed is 117mbps/23mbps consistently.. However my direct to my modem Ethernet cable gets no better than 70mbps/22mbps...
  10. Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload

Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload: Three weeks ago, I had Gigabit FIOS installed, but I have never been able to get gigabit speeds going both ways. I always get 900+ Mbps UPLOAD but never more than 300 Mbps DOWNLOAD. But, I get 900/900+ Mbps between the Router and the Server every time, *AND*, here's the...