Windows 10: File transfer too slow after a while

Discus and support File transfer too slow after a while in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So it's been a month since I upgraded to Windows 10.It was doing fine,and after a while i noticed that when I want to delete,move or copy something the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KysFysTys, May 10, 2016.

1. KysFysTys Win User

File transfer too slow after a while

So it's been a month since I upgraded to Windows 10.It was doing fine,and after a while i noticed that when I want to delete,move or copy something the file transfer its too slow and when there are multiple files (ex. like 5) it deletes one then it stucks,for some seconds it goes on to the other,then stucks again and repeats this untill all the files are deleted,moved etc..

If there are more files (ex.1 000+) like i am right now it goes down to 1KBps.In Windows 8.1 would go to 50MBps when there are many files and the same thing would happen when I installed Windows 10.I don't know why is it doing now.I also tried a 3 GB file and it just stucks at 0%.

In this case,I am trying to move from my HDD to my USB.

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks for reading

:)

KysFysTys, May 10, 2016

2. Slow file transfer speeds while copying a file from a windows 10 machine to a windows 7 machine over a network.

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

Glad to know that you are able to resolve the issue. Appreciate your efforts.

Thank you for sharing the valuable information regarding the issue. It might help other community user with similar issues.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 10, 2016
  3. Slow file transfer speeds while copying a file from a windows 10 machine to a windows 7 machine over a network.

Avtivating IPv6 seems to have solved my issue. thank you.

Pierre Letourneau, May 10, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

What antivirus are you using? I've found Windows Defender to be particularly intrusive when copying files. If I turn off the real-time monitoring temporarily it often speeds things up (or use a different antivirus). YMMV.

mike s, May 10, 2016
  5. KysFysTys Win User
    I was using avast but I tried to remove it to see if it made any difference but nope.I also noticed two things:1.If I try to open other programs or explorer windows while deleting/copying something windows will lag as hell and 2.I tried to delete a folder and when it started the deleting process the folder dissapeared immediatly but windows would show it 0%.

KysFysTys, May 10, 2016
  6. Molyy Win User
    Have you defragged hard drive recently?

Molyy, May 12, 2016
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    Run SFC /scannow from Command Prompt perform a System File Check. look at this post on how to disable Write-cache Buffer Flushing - maybe it helps. Windows 10 10240 Slow Copy

Whatphoeb, May 12, 2016
  8. KysFysTys Win User

Write cache Buffer Flushing is disabled.The SFC /scannow didn't show any problems and I noticed that my RAM will go full when I move or delete things.Any ideas?

KysFysTys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File transfer too slow after a while - Similar Threads - File transfer too

2. LAN file sharing too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN file sharing too slow: The problem is very old i found reports from 10+ years, with hundreds of "copypaste" and generic anwers from microsoft over several websites and this forum, why no one ever cared enough to fix this, or at least tried to look into it?!?!Comparing a large file 20GB...
  3. File transfer speed decreases after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer speed decreases after a while: When i try to copy a large file like over 10GB on my laptop or move a file between partitions of itself, transferring starts with 200MB/s but after copying about 5GB of file the speed suddenly reduces to 8MB/s or even less. i tried installing windows7 and then windows8 but i...
  4. File transfer speed decreases after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer speed decreases after a while: When i try to copy a large file like over 10GB on my laptop or move a file between partitions of itself, transferring starts with 200MB/s but after copying about 5GB of file the speed suddenly reduces to 8MB/s or even less. i tried installing windows7 and then windows8 but i...
  5. file transfer dramatically slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer dramatically slow: I have an issue with slow file transfer windows 10. I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1. If launched from local drive works perfect 2. If launched from mapped drive same folder on the same hdd works very slow 3. If...
  6. Slow file transfer

Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  7. Computer slowed way down after transferring files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slowed way down after transferring files: I have a 4 month old computer running windows 10 and it was upgraded to 64 ram when I bought it. I was transferring a lot of business & drawings files between two older WD external hard drives and a brand new much larger duo raid hard drive yesterday. I am talking Terra...
  8. File transfer of many files slows to 0 bytes after over an hour of transfer

File transfer of many files slows to 0 bytes after over an hour of transfer: what the title says; I can confirm the files aren't corrupted and aren't system files. I'm transferring hundreds of gigabytes of data. I'm suffering from severe stress and anxiety, and it's very important to me that this goes smoothly the next time I attempt it. Please help....
  9. Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update

Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update: I have recently updated all the computers on my home network to Windows 1909. Before the upgrade I could transfer large >5GB files between my PCs at about 100MB/s. I do this a lot because of storing and processing home movies. After the 1909 upgrade file transfers over my...
  10. Incredibly slow file transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incredibly slow file transfer: It starts at around 300MB/s but after a second it drops to 20MB/s. On Windows 7 it was usually around 100MB/s. This is for transferring to second hard drive. It's even slower transferring to USB drive, about 2 MB/s. 15426