Windows 10: File transfers are not recognized on host OS

Discus and support File transfers are not recognized on host OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I took a hard drive out of a laptop, connected via SATA to my motherbaord, added a letter to the data partition, and transferred well over 200GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CZe, Aug 12, 2015.

1. CZE
    CZe Win User

File transfers are not recognized on host OS

I took a hard drive out of a laptop, connected via SATA to my motherbaord, added a letter to the data partition, and transferred well over 200GB of data to user files. When I finished the transfer, removed the letter, safely ejected the drive, and re-installed the drive back to its system, the files were missing.

I've tested this three times, same result. However, a USB transfer works perfectly fine. Reading files from the laptop drive works perfectly fine, too. It seems to be that the host OS can't read files written by windows 10 to its system.

Anybody have an idea as to why this must be? It seems to be a pretty major flaw, one that is terribly inconvenient and certainly does not exist in windows 7/8

Windows 10 Pro x64
    -yes fully updated

:)

2. downloading problem in lumia.

those are files that are used with a PC OS, not a mobile OS.

it would have to be a .cab file for a windowsphone device to recognize it.

this is not to say that if you connect to your computer and transfer one of those files to one of your folders, that you cannot transfer it to another computer by connecting and taking if off the phone memory....but you will not be able to see that file on
    the phone as the WP OS does not recognize it.

ceroberts75, Aug 12, 2015
  3. 6280 - MiniSD card - File formats not supported

Well, finally. Not the best, but pretty good as a workaround. Just Use the Nokia File Browser, and transfer the files with THAT. The phone is still not recognized as a real OS disk, but I can transfer files and use it. I hope it helps!

dudinka---01, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

File transfers are not recognized on host OS

1. File transfers are not recognized on host OS - Similar Threads - File transfers are

2. How to transfer files between Virtual Machine and Host Computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer files between Virtual Machine and Host Computer: When you run a Virtual Machine, many times you require to transfer files between your host computer and the VM. But many users reported that they are unable to do this. This article guides you on how to transfer files between a Virtual Machine and a host computer. [ATTACH]...
  3. Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?: Hi, I bought a new SSD 1TB to backup all my files from my old HDD 1TB. I want to transfer all my files and OS win10 from old hdd to new ssd. I used "Cocosenor Backup Tuner" program to do that and did. Now when I want to boot from my ssd it fails to identify windows!! My old...
  4. Transferring OS to a smaller SSD

Transferring OS to a smaller SSD: I want to move my OS and only my OS to my new SSD which is a 250gb Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2. My main drive is a 1tb HDD and I want to be able to move that drive between laptop and PC without taking the laptops OS with it....
  5. OS Transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS Transfer: Im planning to buy a new laptop without OS. Can I transfer it from my old laptop? It has win 10 home, which I got when updated it from win 7(or 8). submitted by /u/WolfixHD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0rbdm/os_transfer/
  6. Can I transfer files without booting into the OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer files without booting into the OS?: So I have windows 10 installed on my MacBook but there’s an issue with boot camp where it won’t boot and to fix it I’ll have to reinstall windows. However, can still access all of the windows files in macOS. Is there any way I can copy them and use them to make my new windows...
  7. Windows OS Transfer

Windows OS Transfer: Hello, I want to transfer the Windows 10 OS from an SSD to an HDD because I would like to use the SSD in my current PC without losing that activated copy of Windows. I have found many tutorials on how do to this except they all assume that the OS being transferred is the one...
  8. Transferring OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring OS: Hey all, Today I bought an SSD to put in my desktop and want to transfer my OS over to the SSD from the HDD so I can use the HDD purely for storage. Is there any way to do this without downloading third party software?...
  9. windows 10 transfer OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 transfer OS: can I transfer my copy of windows 10 pro digital license to a new system as I am going to have to change my motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-transfer-os/836eb992-ad01-484d-a4d3-04c4e2259228"
  10. Transfer of OS to SSD, but File now too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of OS to SSD, but File now too big: When I purchased and installed Windows 10 in 2016 the Whole file was +- 20GB worth of space. I now would like to transfer the OS to a new 120 GB SSD that I have purchased, but am alerted that it is too small as my "system" folder requires a 440 GB drive to be transferred to....