Windows 10: File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask!

Discus and support File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so here's what I used to have orange boring cones for .mp3 .mp4 . all my many file types that I would look at daily. I really need to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Feb 14, 2016.

1. renee1219 Win User

File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask!

Ok so here's what I used to have orange boring cones for .mp3 .mp4 . all my many file types that I would look at daily.

I really need to change the look of things. So I downloaded something called "Filetypesman" which is totally freak out of this world for a quick way to change file typ icons in windows 10.

So I switched the file types icons with these pretties. For .mp3 its the little pink butterflys and for .mp4 and .flv there both flowers.

It looks like this! picture below.

File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask! [​IMG]

Now once you see the image you will notice that for the first icon its a pink flower and then for the second its a folder icon from that show. Which is just something I used quickly to see if it would work. Now here's what I did I used filetypesman to change the file types icons to flowers and butterflys but for the shows folder icon I made a shortcut from the first file and changed its icon. But then I'm stuck with 2 of the same things in the same folder. Is here any way to remove the original file to keep the shortcut or to just change the icons on the originals.

I already have the folder icons changed I was working on that pretty late last night.

So now I was wondering if there's a way to change the flowers to something more specific like a image turned into a icon from that show. Because I can't use all of the images in the .mp4 the same for the assassination classroom because I also have some dragon ball z movies also downloaded to my pc.

So I'm looking for a way to change them but if I can't oh well the flowers and butterflys are still pretty.

:)

renee1219, Feb 14, 2016

2. hope this is in the right place...

Do you have the n93? is it out? i can't wait to get my hands on oneFile type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask! :)

micaradu---01, Feb 14, 2016
  3. matt_neil Win User
    hope this is in the right place...

...and apologies if it isn't File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask! :)

i am hoping to upgrade my 6680 to N93 and junk my iPaq so that i have all my information in one place - but before i do i have one question...

does the PIM function - notably the calendar and 'to do' - carry more information than on the 6680?

currently i sync my 6680 with my iMac and it works really well but only takes the headline information, so no notes or details associated with the event or the 'to do'. is this still the case on symbian S60 or will it take more information on sync?

hope this is clear and thanks in advance for any help.

cheers

matt_neil, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask!

1. File type icon question? Hope this is the right place to ask! - Similar Threads - File type icon

2. In-place upgrade question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-place upgrade question: I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm getting the upgrade to Windows 11 "bums rush" from Windows Update. If I upgrade, will it be Windows 11 Pro or will I be stuck with the less-than-desirable limiting Windows 11 Home version?...
  3. In-place upgrade question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-place upgrade question: I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm getting the upgrade to Windows 11 "bums rush" from Windows Update. If I upgrade, will it be Windows 11 Pro or will I be stuck with the less-than-desirable limiting Windows 11 Home version?...
  4. A hopefully simple curiosity question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hopefully simple curiosity question...: Over the past few years and my last 2 or 3 laptops, I have always bought laptops with the largest hard drive I could get...right now, my current laptop has a 1TB SSD drive. I've done this because I've got tons of pictures and other documents for genealogy research, and have...
  5. A hopefully simple curiosity question...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hopefully simple curiosity question...: Over the past few years and my last 2 or 3 laptops, I have always bought laptops with the largest hard drive I could get...right now, my current laptop has a 1TB SSD drive. I've done this because I've got tons of pictures and other documents for genealogy research, and have...
  6. My icons don't place right

in Windows 10 Customization
    My icons don't place right: Hello, I do not know what happened but maybe an hour ago My icons weren't placing right as in I can only place a icon in the middle of other icons I have my icons on the left I cant place anything on the right. Its hard explain but I basically can't place my icons....
  7. Contacting the right place

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Contacting the right place: Ok i was on facebook and found a app with age if empires as its video. I want to know how to contact the right department to get that **** removed the app is called Era Revolution[IMG]...
  8. I hope this is the right place to be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hope this is the right place to be: I own Halo Wars 2 on Xbox, but when signed into the windows store/Xbox store on my PC it is making me pay to get the game even though I should have access to it. The reason it’s not showing up is because I uninstalled it because the game was glitching out. Now, I can’t re...
  9. 2 questions hope this is the right forum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 questions hope this is the right forum: In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!! The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E1E47DE5-E3C7-4923-AADA-8FD3E34A7914} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.The name...
  10. Question about a file in two places... or not.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a file in two places... or not.: I've always assumed that any Windows file can be in two folder locations at the same time using the same file name, but I just noticed something strange and wonder what's going on. If I send an email message using my Windows Live Mail client and attached a Word .doc file,...