Windows 10: file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

Discus and support file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options, In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding Any help? 86164 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marsram, Jun 4, 2017.

1. marsram Win User

file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

Hi,
    I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options,
    In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding
    Any help?

:)

marsram, Jun 4, 2017

2. Unable to display drive data

Hi Sachin,

I suggest that you rebuild the File indexing. Follow the below steps:

• Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button
    • Clicking Control Panel.
    • Type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.

• Click Advanced.

• In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab

• Click Rebuild.
    Check and let us if the steps helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Trouble opening saved files out of windows 10 explorer documents folder.

Hi,

Rebuild the file indexing and check if it helps. Follow the steps:

• Click Control Panel.
    • Type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.

• Click Advanced.

• In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab

• Click Rebuild.

Vinod Archak, Jun 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello marsram,

What exactly happens when you try to open the File Types Tab?

Have you looked in Event viewer to see if there are any errors logged for the exact time when you try to open the tab?

philc43, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

1. file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open - Similar Threads - file types tab

2. Can't change anything in advanced tab for playback and recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change anything in advanced tab for playback and recording: I'm on a windows 10 PC and accessed the advanced settings for my headset to see if changing the format of the sound would improve it's sound quality. But now i find out that i can't change the format anymore, is there any way to fix this?...
  3. Can't Access Indexing Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Indexing Options: I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through the control panel or the indexing troubleshooter. In the control panel, for example, the "Indexing Options Control Panel" does...
  4. can't identify or open unknown file type

in Windows 10 Support
    can't identify or open unknown file type: I have run across some video files that, although tagged as MP4, cannot be played on my VLC player, KM player, or Windows Media Player. File Identifier (File Identifier - Identify unknown files instantly) shows info as attached. Please tell me how to deal with these files so...
  5. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  6. Unable to navigate the File --> Options --> Advanced tabs in Windows 10 laptop or Outlook...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to navigate the File --> Options --> Advanced tabs in Windows 10 laptop or Outlook...: I understand there has been a thread on this topic but looks like it's locked now. I need a solution without installing Outlook on my laptop. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. BSOD Can't advanced boot options,can't format,anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't advanced boot options,can't format,anything: Hello, Since 9 hours without any breaks i've been searching forums trying different solutions to fix my !!!!!IRQL_ NOT LESS OR EQUAL!!!! problem at windows 10 running system with i7 6700k msi gaming M7 motherboard.Rams work fine as i can see them on bios and they are...
  8. Indexing Options removed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options removed: I have been using Windows Index search for years. I have all my data in one directory on my D:\. I have set the indexing options to include this location and some others. Recently Windows has been dropping my selections and reverting to the default locations. I have reset my...
  9. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....
  10. Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows How to Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows advanced indexing options wont open com surrogate not responding

2. FILE TYPE TAB IN INDEXING OPTIONS NOT APPEAR