Windows 10: file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

Discus and support file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options, In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding Any help? 86164 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marsram, Jun 4, 2017.

1. marsram Win User

file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

Hi,
    I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options,
    In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding
    Any help?

:)

marsram, Jun 4, 2017

2. Unable to display drive data

Hi Sachin,

I suggest that you rebuild the File indexing. Follow the below steps:

• Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button
    • Clicking Control Panel.
    • Type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.

• Click Advanced.

• In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab

• Click Rebuild.
    Check and let us if the steps helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Trouble opening saved files out of windows 10 explorer documents folder.

Hi,

Rebuild the file indexing and check if it helps. Follow the steps:

• Click Control Panel.
    • Type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.

• Click Advanced.

• In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab

• Click Rebuild.

Vinod Archak, Jun 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello marsram,

What exactly happens when you try to open the File Types Tab?

Have you looked in Event viewer to see if there are any errors logged for the exact time when you try to open the tab?

philc43, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

1. file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open - Similar Threads - file types tab

2. Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File: Recently used Recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And every time I click on the download it shows this. I want to use the download normally again. Without having remake it or having to delete it. What should I do?...
  3. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  4. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  5. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Advanced indexing

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced indexing: Is there anyway to disable all file types quickly, without individually selecting them? I only want to index executables. 174683
  7. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  8. File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    File types tab in advanced indexing options not responding: Hi, I'm using Windows 10, version 1909 (compilation: 18363.693) with Polish language interface. When I try to open File types tab in advanced indexing options it doesn't respond, mouse pointer turns into spinning blue circle and nothing happens, the tab does not open....
  9. Can't Access Indexing Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Indexing Options: I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through the control panel or the indexing troubleshooter. In the control panel, for example, the "Indexing Options Control Panel" does...
  10. Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows How to Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows advanced indexing options wont open com surrogate not responding

2. FILE TYPE TAB IN INDEXING OPTIONS NOT APPEAR