Windows 10: Files and folders permissions question

Discus and support Files and folders permissions question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In addition to myself as administrator I'm setting up two additional Family Member accounts. The operating system is on C drive but I've created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjcactus, Jun 14, 2016.

1. pjcactus Win User

Files and folders permissions question

In addition to myself as administrator I'm setting up two additional Family Member accounts.
    The operating system is on C drive but I've created folders on another drive..
    f:\users\me\documents and \me\pictures..that's all fine
    and wish to do the same for FM1 and FM2
    How do I give permissions for FM1 (only) to view and access an use his documents and his pictures folders, and similarly FM2?
    Thanks,
    Pete

:)

pjcactus, Jun 14, 2016
  2. Shenan Stanley, Jun 14, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    Give permissions to files and folders in Windows 10

Hi,

I suspected that TrendMicro may have been causing part of the problem, but for some reason it never crossed my mind to temporarily disable it...

I learned something today...

In the future you may find that things may work better if you make yourself the Owner and apply to all subfolders and files... For the entire ProgramFiles folder...

I found on my machine that changing the Owner to myself in the ProgramData and USERS folders was sufficient... I have at times changed both Program Files folders as well without problems, but I have encounter issues at least once doing that...

I have frequently had to change individual Program Files folders to get a program to install since using Win 10, which had never happened before using even the exact same program... So Win 10 acts a bit different...

I will look for your new thread...

slance310, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Files and folders permissions question

It is already that way. As long as the two other accounts are not administrator they can only access their user folder.

logicearth, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

Files and folders permissions question

1. Files and folders permissions question - Similar Threads - Files folders permissions

2. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission-level access to my shared files for example I want computer A to have read-only permission and computer B to have read and write permission, what should I do?...
  3. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission level access to my shared files, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-folder-sharing-permission/3642e982-0e8f-4f87-ac6d-54258b8b1ae7
  4. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission level access to my shared files, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-folder-sharing-permission/3642e982-0e8f-4f87-ac6d-54258b8b1ae7
  5. File & Folder permissions

File & Folder permissions: I have downloaded a game Forza Horizons from the Microsoft store. while trying to find the location of the exe to add to my Dragon Centre app i have unintentionally moved the exe to my desktop. when trying to move it back to the original location it gives me an error...
  6. File folder question

File folder question: In File Folders, under "users" I pinned the file folder under my name to Quick Access. I will use the name John to show what I mean. users +John Of course the "plus sign" is there so you can open the folder. But the folder in Quick Access is just this John No...
  7. Files and Folders Permissions Inherited

Files and Folders Permissions Inherited: So with windows 7, if i had an external drive D:\ with read and execute only permissions for user X, and these permission were inherited from the drive D:\ if user X opened the drive, selected a folder on the drive and right clicked, there would be a UAC symbol by DELETE,...
  8. OneDrive Files and Folders – Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Files and Folders – Question: OneDrive Files and Folders – Question How do I access my older Document files and folders from the OneDrive cloud? Thanks, Jerry 9/9/19 140212
  9. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  10. Files and Folder Permission Help..

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folder Permission Help..: I just had windows 10 installed and in Windows old it will not allow me to view users under my name tells me I don't have permission to access that particular file. I can view all the other ones in windows old but not users that's where my desktop items that was saved on my...