Windows 10: Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update

Discus and support Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got the update today and of course, everything was arranging alphanumerically. I quickly managed to get the files on my desktop to stop moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raiden Gekkou, May 27, 2017.

1. Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update

I got the update today and of course, everything was arranging alphanumerically. I quickly managed to get the files on my desktop to stop moving everytime I refreshed, but nothing works for anything in a folder, and Brink's tutorial no longer works. I have a large number of folders and files that I like to keep in a certain order and this is really aggravating me. Has anyone else come up with a fix?

:)

Raiden Gekkou, May 27, 2017

2. Windows Creator and Auto Arrange

I upgraded to Windows Creator and my files within a folder can no longer be placed in an arbitrary order, even with auto arrange not checked. Previous version of Windows 10 had a .bat file entitled Disable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer-Details.bat. This
    no longer works in Creator. Is there a fix?

AaronBudgor, May 27, 2017
  3. File Explorer - Auto Sort

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue.
    I want to inform you When you disable auto arrange, and either unzip a file in a folder, move a folder, or rename a folder, it will refresh and auto arrange the files in that specific folder only after each time you do this. Auto arrange is still disabled
    for that folder, but you will need to arrange the files back to whatever non-auto arranged order you like again after unzipping a file in a folder, move a folder, or rename a folder.

I would suggest you to follow the below link to fix issue.

Follow the link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, May 27, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update

After I arrange everything in a folder, the way I want, I rename everything to stay in preferred order. There are batch renaming progs that can add sequential numbers to the beginning of names in the desktop folder, if you have a lot, like I do, in Pictures folders. Good Luck.

mrgeek, May 27, 2017
  5. I tend to search the folder name by using the first letter as it's quick, so trying to remember which number is at the front seems a little obtuse. Is there really no other way?

Raiden Gekkou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update

1. Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update - Similar Threads - Files folders auto

2. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  3. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  4. Auto Arrange Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Arrange Files: [ATTACH] I recently installed a batch file for including auto-arrange filesdetail view in my view panel as it was not included in the updated version of windows 10. After installing I am able to manually arrange the files but it messes with my windows dark or white theme....
  5. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...
  6. auto arrange for files

auto arrange for files: how do u turn off auto arrange for files in a given folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-arrange-for-files/adb546c5-6a10-4206-836b-87de3e033609"
  7. how to auto arrange PDF files in a folder

how to auto arrange PDF files in a folder: How to auto arrange PDF files in a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-arrange-pdf-files-in-a-folder/800cb9df-019c-4869-b607-e77226ceefd7"
  8. How to disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version?: My computer recently forced me to update Windows 10 the latest version which I do not like. So, has anyone here come up with a way to disable the auto arrange feature in the Windows 10 Creator's Update version 1703? 116253
  9. Disable Auto arrange inside a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Auto arrange inside a folder: I have a folder named SHORTS on my Desktop, inside are shortcut icons for many programs i use often. I still have not been able to find a way to arrange in the order i want. If i move anything they just revert back to previous order. Also if i have another folder in the...
  10. disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703: I am also also using latest Classic Shell..... I have tried all reg edits etc listed on this forum and all they do is enable "auto arrange" to show so I can ck or unck it but uncked it will not allow me to even move folders or icons which are inside another folder. Work...