Windows 10: Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc

Discus and support Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Guys I scanned documents directly on to a DVD. I viewed the files on the DVD to look at a file, everything was fine at that point. Then I viewed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rebel1, Jun 13, 2018.

1. rebel1 Win User

Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc

Hi Guys

I scanned documents directly on to a DVD. I viewed the files on the DVD to look at a file, everything was fine at that point. Then I viewed the files again a second time, they had gone. The 'files waiting to be burnt' or similar message came up, but ignored it; thinking I would look at it later. I didn't burn them. Since then Windows April Upgrade has caused issues, but on 23rd May; laptop went into a recovery loop, then in error Diskpart was used which caused further issues. The only information I have is the date the DVD was created. Where do I go looking for these files?

Thanks in advance.

:)

rebel1, Jun 13, 2018
  2. LeonJutz Win User

CD/DVD not seeing disc

Thanks for the effort is helping to correct my problem.

Device manager say: Hardware is functioning properly.

Drivers says they are up to date.

In computer link says nothing is in CD/DVD, Asking to open and it says Put disc in when it is there... I don't hear or feel CD/DVD getting to speed. I tried all 3 steps suggested with no results, or changes.

LeonJutz, Jun 13, 2018
  3. DVD player unable to play media files from computer.

Hello Chin,

We regret form the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to work through the steps below to identify the cause of the problem.

The problem could lie with:

• The connector cables/connections - are they securely fastened? Are they in the right place? Are all the electrical sockets in good working order?
    • The DVD disc itself - Check if a different DVD works
    • The DVD Player's optical reader (the lens which 'reads' the data from DVDs)

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if decreasing the speed of your burner while writing the disk help.

Hope the above information holds good.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc

1. Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc - Similar Threads - Files scanned 7GB

2. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  3. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  4. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD RAM discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD RAM discs: Hi, ;Does anyone know how to get windows to recognize DVD RAM discs. My dvd drive is HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GUE1,my computer ASUS A540L,with latest windows version. Windows shows invalid directory.; I know there is data on it but windows shows empty folder and will not play.; Any...
  6. Scans File Disappeared in File Explorer

Scans File Disappeared in File Explorer: I have Windows 10 on an HP Spectre 360 laptop. I used to have a "Sans" file in File Explorer Quick Access, which disappeared recently. How do I access scans from my zip drive?...
  7. Scan disc

Scan disc: I cannot find a place on my computer to insert a microscan disc; can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disc/6d35c91d-19b9-4ca0-8056-e8b28b877109
  8. mri scan disc

mri scan disc: mri scan disc will not open message tells me i need java 1.6 were would i get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mri-scan-disc/6f75c788-a6be-42c3-a85a-7013ce3579ea"
  9. Files are not showing in DVD disc

Files are not showing in DVD disc: Files are not showing in DVD disc when I access in dvd writer, but while I try to play in dvd player, files are showing. I don't know why, plz can anyone help?...
  10. My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.

My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.: I have been searching for the past couple of months now. Never had issues before and ever since the major 1803 windows 10 update, my driver is still not working properly. This is ridiculous. My driver will read certain cd's containing files. Game cd's work fine. Does not...