Windows 10: files skipped during backup

Discus and support files skipped during backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by makridge, Oct 26, 2015.

1. makridge Win User

files skipped during backup

Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
    There is one file in the folder "music" with 0 length (properties of music folder)

anyone have a solution to this problem?

:)

makridge, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Stick111 Win User

Skipped file during backup

I took your advice and now use Win 10 backup. I'm not a gamer so basically just use for e-mail, religious studies, browsing, saving pictures, downloading books and use an USB jump drive for back up. I did noticed that when I had used Win 7 back up I had
    over 49 Gigs of back up, but with Win 10 I have just under 7 Gigs? I don't get skipped files when backing up with Win 10. Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

Stick111, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Stick111 Win User
    Skipped file during backup

During a backup on my Win 10 desktop (I still use win 7 backup) auto backup always fails and I must select 'Back up now' to redo.... I continually get the same message in Notepad: “Back up skipped backing up (\\ file name) as it is not on local machine.”....
    I can't find out what/were/why this file is being called for during backup? If I could find it, I would just delete it. Maybe someone could walk me through the steps or I could write a new file and give it the same name? I looked at the answers given by the
    community to others with similar problems but they just left me more confused. At 80 I need more hand holding, sorry.

Stick111, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

files skipped during backup

1. files skipped during backup - Similar Threads - files skipped during

2. Desktop stay awake during backup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop stay awake during backup: Hi. I look after a number of PC's for my flying club and I back them up on a weekly basis during the night. Two desktops have backup drives in them which enables local backup but two laptops don't and as a consequence, I back them up to the desktop backup drives over WiFi....
  3. Files skipped in Backup using File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files skipped in Backup using File History: When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and...
  4. Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?

Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?: When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and...
  5. Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files

Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files: Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files, I am backing up files to a Western Digital Easy Store 4 tigabyte drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-full-backup-fails-because-of-skipped/6aa72288-970e-4cce-bd17-f1c28451a942
  6. backup a file

backup a file: backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-a-file/de72d377-937c-4a24-b968-13c6994296d8
  7. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  8. Trying to find folder deleted during Free File Sync backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to find folder deleted during Free File Sync backup: Occasionally I do a sync between a portable drive and my work PC (Windows 10) using Free File Sync. The latest sync, February 20, I think I tweaked the settings I normally do and it deleted a couple files. I was able to find most of them in a folder that was created by FFS...
  9. Backup on W10 skips file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup on W10 skips file: Windows backup always skips 2 files : G:\username\MUSIC and says that it is already on the target drive. This after even reformatting that drive! (on windows 10). Also, a second error involving the file E:\username\MUSIC appears simultaneously, with the statement that the...
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...