Windows 10: files skipped during backup

Discus and support files skipped during backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by makridge, Oct 26, 2015.

1. makridge Win User

files skipped during backup

Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
    There is one file in the folder "music" with 0 length (properties of music folder)

anyone have a solution to this problem?

:)

makridge, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Stick111 Win User

Skipped file during backup

I took your advice and now use Win 10 backup. I'm not a gamer so basically just use for e-mail, religious studies, browsing, saving pictures, downloading books and use an USB jump drive for back up. I did noticed that when I had used Win 7 back up I had
    over 49 Gigs of back up, but with Win 10 I have just under 7 Gigs? I don't get skipped files when backing up with Win 10. Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

Stick111, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Stick111 Win User
    Skipped file during backup

During a backup on my Win 10 desktop (I still use win 7 backup) auto backup always fails and I must select 'Back up now' to redo.... I continually get the same message in Notepad: “Back up skipped backing up (\\ file name) as it is not on local machine.”....
    I can't find out what/were/why this file is being called for during backup? If I could find it, I would just delete it. Maybe someone could walk me through the steps or I could write a new file and give it the same name? I looked at the answers given by the
    community to others with similar problems but they just left me more confused. At 80 I need more hand holding, sorry.

Stick111, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

files skipped during backup

1. files skipped during backup - Similar Threads - files skipped during

2. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  3. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  4. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  5. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  6. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problem with skipped files during backup of Windows 10 using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with skipped files during backup of Windows 10 using Windows 7 Backup and Restore: Good evening. I have backed up my computer like this for a couple of years now with no issue. However, tonight when backing up it said some items were skipped. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\figur\Pictures\Camera Roll. Error:STATUS_WAIT_3...
  8. Files skipped in Backup using File History

Files skipped in Backup using File History: When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and...
  9. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  10. Backup on W10 skips file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup on W10 skips file: Windows backup always skips 2 files : G:\username\MUSIC and says that it is already on the target drive. This after even reformatting that drive! (on windows 10). Also, a second error involving the file E:\username\MUSIC appears simultaneously, with the statement that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows scan reveals skipped items

2. delete Onedrive files that are being skipped durihg backup to external drive