Windows 10: Films and TV app Micro Freezing when moving cursor

Discus and support Films and TV app Micro Freezing when moving cursor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this weird issue with the Films and TV app. I go fullscreen and watch my video and everything works fine. However, as soon as I move my mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by acefire, Sep 4, 2016.

1. acefire Win User

Films and TV app Micro Freezing when moving cursor

I have this weird issue with the Films and TV app. I go fullscreen and watch my video and everything works fine. However, as soon as I move my mouse, the video will freeze for about 2 seconds (but not the audio). The mouse cursor also freezes in place as after it recovers, it jumps to where it should have been without the freeze.

I suspect that this freeze is due to the overlay of the playback bar as after it recovers from the freeze, the playback bar is immediately in view, there is no fade in animation, unlike that of Windows Media Player. I also noted that this happens in full screen only. Is this a common issue or is just me?

Some more info which may be related: I also encounter these micro freezes whenever I change my volume in DOTA 2. Again, I suspect that this is due to the volume overlay fading into the screen.

Oddly for both, the freeze does not occur when the overlays are fading out. Any insight into this is much appreciated.

:)

acefire, Sep 4, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Video playback

Hi msolw, you should be able to open them and play them on the Film and TV app on your Surface

If they are not opening automatically when you double click them, right click and choose 'Open With' - Film and TV, or More Apps - Film and TV

DaveM121, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Thomas-H Win User
    Refresh movies in Films & Tv

When I download/add movies or films to the Videos folder on my computer then try to play them later using Films & TV app, it takes up to 15 minutes for the Films & TV app to refresh it's library. Is there a shortcut where I can manually refresh the Films
    library?

Thomas-H, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Films and TV app Micro Freezing when moving cursor

1. Films and TV app Micro Freezing when moving cursor - Similar Threads - Films app Micro

2. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  3. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  4. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  5. Film and TV app freezing

Film and TV app freezing: For some years, I have noticed a problem with the film and tv app on windows 10. This has happened on every windows 10 devices I have had including: PC, Tablet and laptop. The app works fine until I add my external hardive in the settings, “where we look for videos.” I...
  6. Films and TV app stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Films and TV app stutters: When viewing mp4 clips from shadowplay (1080p 60fps 50k bitrate) the Films and TV app stutters for me, but when i view them in an editing software like Vegas 17 pro, the file will play flawlessly while editing in max quality. Taking that i know its probably not a hardware...
  7. Film and Tv app missing

Film and Tv app missing: Windows film and tv app is missing from a new install of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv-app-missing/de25fcd2-d412-4b3f-9cb4-cc29835fd07d
  8. Films & TV app location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Films & TV app location: On a downloaded app for in home streaming I can set a default media player. But the default setting is iTunes.exe. Where is the location for the Films & TV app, so I can set this app as my default?...
  9. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...