Windows 10: Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0

Discus and support Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have been on a mission lately to get rid of !Error out of my WIndows 10 (months old Dell Inspiron). Went to perform a first backup and see Filter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SOHO1, Jun 17, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0

Have been on a mission lately to get rid of !Error out of my WIndows 10 (months old Dell Inspiron). Went to perform a first backup and see Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume18'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xC03A001C.
    A light search finds this error reported for Windows 2008 and most prominent posts are several years old.

Suggestions on finding the root cause and mitigating this error? What's it from? What's it mean? What do to do avoid it?

:)

SOHO1, Jun 17, 2016

2. After 2+ days of troubleshooting, was finally able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10 Creator Version 1709

Hi, I am also not able to update Windows with the latest Fall Creators Update and my system freezes also at 75%.

I already dit a complete reinstall of my system and even when restarting from a clean windows system (v1607), I get the same thing.

I also have a Ralink WLAN network card. So I definitily going to try your solution.

However, I wanted to know if you can find anything in the logbooks that would explain this behaviour.

I looked into mine and I find this warning, just before the service control manager fails and the whole system freezes:

"File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎15T17:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting
    applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor
    ."

Do you also have this warning?

Have you tried anything like this: How to fix File System Filter WCIFS failed with Event ID 4 (Windows 10) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Thx!

Peter.

Phyriphiry2, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Reboot from a bugcheck?

My automatic rebooting problem has gone away; kudos to Gerry. But my repeating warning problem persists:

File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎15T13:00:27.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1104'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications
    should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

Notice this is number 1104; they seem to be coming in about every two minutes! No performance problem that I can detect; but it's bothersome to think that my computer is busying itself this way; anyone know what I can do? Or, as I said before, if I need
    to start a new thread, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks,

Lowrie

LowrieBeacham, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0

1. Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0 - Similar Threads - Filter Manager failed

2. Volume failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume failed: Hello my laptop had an bios update and so i updated it but the i realised that my volume is not going up or down like i think its stuck at 100% when i open a vid i click on the up and down thing for volume and on my screen i can see that the % going up and down but the volume...
  3. Volume failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume failed: Hello my laptop had an bios update and so i updated it but the i realised that my volume is not going up or down like i think its stuck at 100% when i open a vid i click on the up and down thing for volume and on my screen i can see that the % going up and down but the volume...
  4. filter manager unloading anti cheats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    filter manager unloading anti cheats: my rust closes with no error this is what I see in event viewer fresh windows fresh ram and fresh ssd was happening prior to getting new componts as well any reasons this might be happening or anyway to fix this cant find anything online about it for rust and cant repair the...
  5. filter manager unloading anti cheats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    filter manager unloading anti cheats: my rust closes with no error this is what I see in event viewer fresh windows fresh ram and fresh ssd was happening prior to getting new componts as well any reasons this might be happening or anyway to fix this cant find anything online about it for rust and cant repair the...
  6. filter manager unloading anti cheats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No media status disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No media status disk management: My pen drive is not detected in explorer. So, I opened disk manager to check the issue where I found the disk status to be no media. I even tried it on a different computer but still didn't work. Even tried it on linux and got the same. But when I try to detect it with some...
  8. Disk management fails to shrink volume

Disk management fails to shrink volume: I want to shrink the G: volume but Disk Management shows the following error after the "Querying available shrink space ..." message: "An unexpected error has occurred. Check the System Event Log for more information on the error. Close the Disk Management console, then...
  9. Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status: Tweaking com Windows repair tool was applied at a local service repair. There is an irony to this since this tool has been referenced repeatedly in this forum. I gave up after multiple failed updates for this Oct.11/16 update and took the laptop to a service. Basically the...
  10. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed: Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 filter manager failed to attach to volume \Device\HarddiskVolume8