Windows 10: Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site

Discus and support Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there sometimes when you are looking for stuff and you reach a site you are presented with a whole confusing array of download buttons, install... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Feb 3, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site

Hi there

sometimes when you are looking for stuff and you reach a site you are presented with a whole confusing array of download buttons, install applications or whatever really hiding the actual download you want - sites like DriverMax come to mind for example/

Finally Google is going to try and tidy up this lot -- about time too.

The confusing downloads can often lead to people installing all sorts of unwanted spyware, PUPS, viruses etc etc.
    We should support anybody trying to clear those things up.

I consider myself as reasonably experienced - but sometimes I've found it incredibly hard to get the actual download I'm after having navigated through endless traps of arrows etc to spurious links.

Note Torrentfreak is a perfectly 100% legitimate News site so no illegal software being offered. !!!!

Google Targets Fake Buttons - TorrentFreak

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 3, 2016
  2. JimWhalen Win User

microsoft solitaire collection won't open yet the Mahjong part of it works fine

HI; well I tried to down load microsoft collection through windows 7 and it stopped me and sent me to a web site to download Google Chrome ?? I don't get the association ?? will that make it able to load windows 7 ?? I'm confused as usual with PCs I'd
    Like to uninstall it and reinstall ,But I can't find it on the pc to do same ??it doesn't show up in the program files ?? I'm not too good with this sort of thing .. any help would be nice Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site :)

JimWhalen, Feb 3, 2016
  3. web site confusion for windowsphone.com

how do you get find my phone to work ive signed in, then press the tab find my phone and all it does is take me to the how to instructions for find my phone round and round in circles am i missing a tab somewhere.

rickwells090362, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site

This is good news. It has reached ridiculous levels on even legitimate download sites. I tend to stick to MajorGeeks.com because they test out the software and offer clean, easy to find download links.

DeaconFrost, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    This is definitely good news. I hate going to a download page and wasting my time trying to find the correct download link.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site

1. Finally Google to help stopping confusing download buttons on web site - Similar Threads - Finally Google help

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. closing web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    closing web site: DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-web-site/2be7e596-49d2-4640-8c5f-e73f3bef8eee
  4. HELP! The only site that is working is google!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! The only site that is working is google!: I have no idea why but yesterday, when I came back from my dad’s house and turned on my laptop, google is the only site that works. My computer can’t connect to any other site. I’ve spent almost 2 days trying to fix this and so far nothing has worked. I’ve tried resetting my...
  5. Foreign web site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Foreign web site: How can I access out-of-town websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/foreign-web-site/1ad86974-f5f1-4546-82ba-3128dfd666cc
  6. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  7. web site

web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  8. Stopping Google drive launching site at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Google drive launching site at startup: My son sent me a link to photographs he had loaded on Google Drive - which I have never used myself. I found the photos OK and downloaded the ones I wanted and then deleted the page in my browser, DuckDuckGo. Now, every time I start up the page is loaded again and needs to be...
  9. A final stop??

A final stop??: Hello microsoft, In all of my previos discussions I was having some problems but with some help I fixed it But now my pc is having a geat final issue. When booting up :BSOD when running windows startup recovery last test finished code 0x32 when I run bootfix /scanos...
  10. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...