Windows 10: Finally got a touchscreen monitor for the desktop PC!

Discus and support Finally got a touchscreen monitor for the desktop PC! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The monitor I got is a Dell S2250T 21.5 inch (27 inch model was WAY too much to pay for an extra 5.5 inches) today and got it hooked up and on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coke Robot, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Finally got a touchscreen monitor for the desktop PC!

The monitor I got is a Dell S2250T 21.5 inch (27 inch model was WAY too much to pay for an extra 5.5 inches) today and got it hooked up and on Windows 10 obviously.

I should have done this a LONG time ago.

The monitor is nice and crisp, and all for one thing it doesn't meet, the palm block technology which no one other than Wacom have, and adjusts much like the Surface Pro 3's kickstand. I wish it tilted down further but oh well. It's quite nice to use with touch, if my desk was about a few inches more it would be perfect for a standing desk set up.

But I'm posting this because I noticed an interesting thing with Windows 10 with its Continuum feature. It doesn't go tablet mode or full mouse only mode, it's in between. When I hooked it in, the notification tray spaced out like it does in tablet mode, context menus are larger (except Start X), and File Explorer seems like it has fuzzier touch targets but that's already been a thing. It's pretty awesome, there's no need to up the DPI as everything is just perfect to use with touch or mouse no problem. Very well done!

To the naysayers that say touch on a desktop is excrement to use, falsehoods! It's perfectly fine to use, the monitor cannot be perpendicular to your desktop because touch ergonomics are going to be different than mouse ergonomics. I like using it standing up, because standing is better than sitting. And as for the concerns of smudging of the screen, after a day's use it's not very noticeable. My phone gets more smudged up than this; and even then, you're not going to see it when the screen is on.

If it had a pen like the Surface Pro 3 and digitizer technology like it as well, it would definitely be perfect in every regard. But, compromises have to happen. That isn't to say it wasn't a worthwhile investment, I should have done this a long time ago.

Love it!

:)

Coke Robot, Jul 15, 2015
  2. mdeclue Win User

I cannot calibrate a second touch screen in Windows 10

Well, I have got it working.

Under Tablet PC setting the Display Options calibrate button never becomes available, BUT the Setup button in the Configure box did allow me to select monitor 4 as the touchscreen monitor (which makes it the touchscreen monitor).

Calibrate never becomes available for the working touchscreen (4), but the calibration seems to be good.

Thanks.

mdeclue, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Kostiko Win User
    Touchscreen desktop wont't go to sleep after upgrade to Windows 10

Hello everyone,

After few weeks of frustration, I finally found a glitch what prevented my computers to go to sleep after upgrading to Windows 10. I have in-house three laptops (one is touchscreen) and three desktops (two are touchscreens) and I upgraded all to Windows
    10. The process went smoothly with the exception that the two touchscreen desktops refused to go to sleep as requested. I had (or at least I though that I hadn't) no background process or any hardware (I checked with powercfg). Finally, I physically disconnected
    the USB which command one of the touchscreen monitor (a HP23TM monitor) and voila, the whole sleeping process started as expected. With the second desktop (an all-in-one), the solving was trickier since I had to disable the monitor going to Device Manager.

Now my big question is if Microsoft is working to a fix since I have to choose in-between having my computers going to sleep but not having the touch feature or the other way.

Before getting any pertinent answer, I have to mention that I checked all drivers (installed, uninstalled, etc) but for no avail.

Thank you so much for your support

Kostiko, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

Finally got a touchscreen monitor for the desktop PC!

1. Finally got a touchscreen monitor for the desktop PC! - Similar Threads - Finally got touchscreen

2. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  3. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  4. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Finally got a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally got a laptop: After waiting for the stimulus check, and watching laptops with ending sales and going out of stock, I finally got this one... ASUS VivoBook R564JA-UH51T 15.6" Laptop Computer - Gray; Intel Core i5 10th Gen 1035G1 1.0GHz Processor; 8GB DDR4 - Micro Center Very nice, and...
  6. Change Monitor to Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor to Touchscreen: I am using a Dell XPS Desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. I am using a 24-inch Dell monitor that I bought with the computer. I would like to replace it with a touchscreen monitor to use instead. (I am loving the touchscreen monitor on my laptop.) Do I just connect it...
  7. Finally got the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finally got the anniversary update: Only took 3 months. I just waited for the update. Now I have to straighten out my PC again. 64713
  8. Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

Secondary Monitor Touchscreen: Hello, I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a secondary display, problem is, the touch screen is moving the mouse on the main display. Is there a way to have just the...
  9. Touchscreen as second monitor

Touchscreen as second monitor: I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not...
  10. Finally I got a code!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally I got a code!!!: Hi Ever since I installed I've been trying to get the authentication code thing. Finally today on what has to be at least the 20th try I received a code. I have virtually all of my software installed now, so I feel that the setup process is coming to and end. From...