Windows 10: Finally SAMBA problems fixed for W10 plus access to Non Windows

Discus and support Finally SAMBA problems fixed for W10 plus access to Non Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there finally Windows connectivity working FROM Samba plus access to all Non windows devices (Smart TV / Amazon TV stick with Kodi installed for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jan 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Finally SAMBA problems fixed for W10 plus access to Non Windows

Hi there
    finally Windows connectivity working FROM Samba plus access to all Non windows devices (Smart TV / Amazon TV stick with Kodi installed for NAS access) phones etc.

What a dog !!!! but Windows networking --quote Shakespeare or something "T'was ever thus" !!!!

Solution (after latest W10 update)

Enable ALL the SMB V1 items not just the top 3, AND enable the SMB direct - both in Turn Windows on and off

In Samba.config (smb.conf) remove all Max protocol stuff

Now it works

Finally SAMBA problems fixed for W10 plus access to Non Windows [​IMG]

Now off to pub to watch UK football !!! and some booze here : if anybody is visiting - always plenty of tourists at weekends. !!

The English Pub Popular pub in Reykjavik, Iceland

Cheers

Jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 5, 2018

2. Samba shared printer fails to print in windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Thank you austincu! That did help. I can finally print! Too bad Windows 10 still can't send print jobs to Samba shares.

Kalpana, when can we expect a fix for this?

Thanks,

Randy

RandyShowalter, Jan 5, 2018
  3. redhonker Win User
    Windows 10 Advanced Sharing: unable to access with microsoft account

I have a couple of Windows 7 PC.

They are in the same work group and have the same accounts and password. This allows each user to access folders on the other machine shared with Advance Sharing which limit access to particular users.

In addition, I have other samba clients (non-Windows mobile devices) who can access these shared folders

I first upgrade one PC to Windows 10. It's set up to login with Microsoft Account. I disabled homegroup. When I try to access the folders shared on the Windows 7 PC, it asks me for username and password and it worked nicely.

I then upgrade the second PC. Again I've disabled homegroup. This time I stayed with non-Microsoft account. I then used Advanced Sharing again to share some folders.

1. Now the first PC can no longer access it. The same user / password no longer works.

2. If I login with non-Microsoft account with the same username password as on the other PC, it works fine.

3. All my mobile devices work fine with samba client.

I went to Network and Sharing, lookign for settings. There is an option in Private -> HomeGroup connection, I've tried both (use user account/password vs allow windows to manage). Same result as it still can't connect.

Any suggestion on how to make this work?

Thanks

redhonker, Jan 5, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

@deadstick

Try what I've done in the previous post in this thread

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 5, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    It only counts as an English pub if beer is sold in measures of 568 ml (Pint) not the 500 ml short measures in rest of Europe ;-).

cereberus, Jan 5, 2018
  6. fganter Win User
    Thanks for this - been trying to get this worked out for a while.

BTW - I did not need to enable SMB Direct on Win10 1709.

fganter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Finally SAMBA problems fixed for W10 plus access to Non Windows - Similar Threads - Finally SAMBA problems

2. Finally Fixed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finally Fixed!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Human7900 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ojgc0i/finally_fixed/
  3. Access Samba server on different port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access Samba server on different port: Hi! I need to access a samba server running on port 22139 on Windows. On Linux, it works with the following command: sudo mount -o username=user,password=pass,port=22139,uid=1000,gid=1000 //mywebsite/folder /mnt/share. This will mount the samba server on port 22139 to...
  4. Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.: Hello, I am trying to make a samba server in pop!_os, I've tried connecting to samba with my Asus N43SL and it worked, but when I tried it on the Lenovo V330-14kb it doesn't work, I tried the troubleshooter, but it doesn't do anything....
  5. NAS Samba SMB2 not accessible on Windows 10

NAS Samba SMB2 not accessible on Windows 10: Hello, for some time now I have not been able to access the files on my NAS from my Windows 10 PC. This is a D-Link DNS-325 Sharecenter type NAS on which I use the opensource Alt-F firmware, SMB2 compatible. Windows version: Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1909 18363.1256 When...
  6. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  7. XP and NAS (Samba) access

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP and NAS (Samba) access: Hi folks If you use XP VM's there can sometimes be a problem with connecting TO a Linux / samba NAS. Connecting FROM the NAS is OK as is connecting to or from other Windows Hosts / guests. In your smb.config file add [global] lanman auth=yes ntlm auth=yes Now it works...
  8. Samba shares TO Windows 10 now working OK (finally !!!!!)

Samba shares TO Windows 10 now working OK (finally !!!!!): Hi there after trying all of the zillion suggestions on the Forum about getting an INBOUND connection from SAMBA (NAS Server) to access W10 shares (the OTHER way around from W10 TO the NAS wasn't a problem) it's finally working. What I did was: 1) delete the W10 clean...
  9. W10 access from SAMBA now OK (build 10074)

W10 access from SAMBA now OK (build 10074): Hi there On previous builds of Windows I was getting strange mappings on the "C" drive from SAMBA - it was only showing Boot and missing the rest of the directory. Other drives were fine ???!! Clean install on build 10074 seems to have fixed the problem of Samba shares....
  10. Can't access Samba shares on 10049

Can't access Samba shares on 10049: I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other computers for some reason. Most devices that aren't running either some flavor of Windows or Samba show up just fine. I...