Windows 10: Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status

Discus and support Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Tweaking com Windows repair tool was applied at a local service repair. There is an irony to this since this tool has been referenced repeatedly in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rose W, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status

Tweaking com Windows repair tool was applied at a local service repair.
    There is an irony to this since this tool has been referenced repeatedly in this forum. I gave up after multiple failed updates for this Oct.11/16 update and took the laptop to a service.
    Basically the repair tool log listed that Windows Update, Windows Component Store were repaired. Windows Services and Windows Com unmarshalers were restored.
    There are no errors in this Laptop Event Viewer now either and its a new Software Distribution Folder so history is gone.

The service tech downloaded this tweaking.com windows repair tool.zip and extracted it into the laptop downloads folder.
    I will have to investigate if it is a portable app and able to be shifted to another location.
    It isn't that this service tech is brilliant; its that he knows which best tool to use *Wink

:)

Rose W, Oct 17, 2016

2. Search History drop down not working

Uninstalling KB 3194798 seems to have fixed it - thanks.

KB 3191492 it transpires is a cumulative security update for IE 9 for Vista.

NeilDewhurst, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Update KB3194798 causing sporadic freezing on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

I have the same issue. Since KB 3194798, I have locked up 3 times today and need to force reboot.

Frustrating part is, I had no issues with freezing in anniversary update before 3194798, while I heard lots of other machines did.

Andy Beaulieu, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status

THIS IS THE FIX THAT WORKS FOR 99% OF THE PLAGUED USERS

FINALLY got it to work for me following the footsteps of others who have gone down this path:

• delete folder C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\XblGameSave
    • delete registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft \XblGameSave
    • Re-run the update

Tried all the other methods that were suggested by others and they did not work for me.

Comp Cmndo, Oct 17, 2016
  5. Rose W Win User
    I was applying suggested methods but I didn't get to that one. Perhaps it would be a thought to have a list containing 'things to try' as a 'sticky' note in this update subforum.
    I haven't been in the habit of doing customizations or changes in the laptop. It is in a MSaccount structure and other than removing all the tiles its fairly plain but has done the job its for to date. This was the first time consuming situation which produces much disappointment and frustration.
    I just checked and that xblgamesave entry is in the registry. Just.....Lovely!!! So its a task.
    Wouldn't it be more logical to leave that out and if a user has an xbox THEN set it up as a task?
    Perhaps that is too simple.

Rose W, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status

1. Finally successful update kb 3194798 for .321 status - Similar Threads - Finally successful update

2. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  3. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  4. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. They finally added battery status to Bluetooth devices! (Update 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    They finally added battery status to Bluetooth devices! (Update 2004): [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/nbm73hrbjj551.png?width=1063&format=png&auto=webp&s=c88c4dba7f1257caedab705bb7cd86bcec418b8b submitted by /u/CatThrowaway_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Runtime Error 57:321

Runtime Error 57:321: Hello i want to install a softphone software, while starting the installation just after chosing the language im getting Runtime Error Runtime Error at 57:321 SWbemLocator: Not found i contacted the soft phone software company, they said i need to contact microsoft...
  7. Update KB 4517211

Update KB 4517211: After installing this update on my two computers I am unable to use my printers. Message says no print spooler. After turning spooler on repeatedly I uninstalled this update and the problem was resolved....
  8. KB 4512941 will not update

KB 4512941 will not update: I did receive a response, however, it was pointed out that unless my computer is in an update loop or getting the blue screen of death--do not force the update. It is better to just wait for Microsoft to release a correction patch fix. I decided to do just that. Instead of...
  9. KB update

KB update: Hello --- if MS fixed/updates a patch (KB entry) will the date for the entry in the patch catalog for the patch get updated to reflect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update/878c9bbd-2d03-47a4-9824-d64d4b7e0fc8
  10. Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Filter Manager failed to attach to volume ... final status was 0xC03A0: Have been on a mission lately to get rid of !Error out of my WIndows 10 (months old Dell Inspiron). Went to perform a first backup and see Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume18'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The...