Windows 10: find administrator account that controls windows 10

Discus and support find administrator account that controls windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows tells me an administrator has locked out that option. I am the administrator, how do I find this account?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dannymiller2, Jul 9, 2018.

1. find administrator account that controls windows 10

windows tells me an administrator has locked out that option. I am the administrator, how do I find this account?

:)

dannymiller2, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown find administrator account that controls windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 9, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 9, 2018
  4. angus Win User

find administrator account that controls windows 10

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

find administrator account that controls windows 10

1. find administrator account that controls windows 10 - Similar Threads - find administrator account

2. Administrator control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator control: How can I get full control of my computer under Windows 10? Even though I select "run as administrator", I get the message that I don't have appropriate permissions to access the item. I want to change to the Administrator account but do not know how....
  3. Administrative control on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrative control on windows 10.: I have lost administrative control on windows 10. I don't know if the administrative password can be recovered on the single administration account I do not get a command prompt screen under Shift restart > Troubleshoot > advanced options. Without the administrative...
  4. Administrative Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Control: I mistakenly put administrative control on adobe reader dc. Is there a way to remove administrative control from a program? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-control/48282b5c-93ac-425e-9c31-66a8546729a4
  5. No Windows 10 Administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Windows 10 Administrator account: I am in the middle of a problem where I am stuck in the Microsoft "Automatic Repair" loop. While stuck in this loop I tried changing the 'recoveryenabled' setting to 'No', only to find that my system does not have an 'Administrator' account. I thought, obviously...
  6. administrator control

administrator control: can not access administrator control. update gave me a new desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-control/cf6943b1-6943-41be-93e6-a70cfcff4ff9
  7. Administrative Account Control

Administrative Account Control: I have windows 10. As the administrator I uninstalled software and installed software. then when logged-in as a standard user on the same machine, I find I can still access the software I uninstalled and the when I search for the software I installed it is not available....
  8. administrator account in windows 10

administrator account in windows 10: I had my motherboard replaced and lost access to my administrator account. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account-in-windows-10/137d1472-ac83-42da-8ef8-43978a62b481
  9. Administrative Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative Control: I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. I am the only Administrator for this PC. I am receiving some "need administrator permission" windows when I am trying to delete a folder or files, etc. I thought as with my old operating Windows 7, a window appeared always and only...
  10. cannot find administrator account!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot find administrator account!: I just upgraded from Win7 ultimate, 64-bit to Win10, and found that the windows update won't work. My password protected administrator account in Win 7 does not show up. I have attempted to enable the built in admin. account, using options one and two, in the tutorial (2969)...