Windows 10: Find and install drivers after PC reset

Discus and support Find and install drivers after PC reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I just reseted my PC ( factory reset), and now i need to find drivers and utilitys i need for my motherboard, processor and other vital and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MPN89, Aug 26, 2016.

1. MPN89 Win User

Find and install drivers after PC reset

Hello.
    I just reseted my PC ( factory reset), and now i need to find drivers and utilitys i need for my motherboard, processor and other vital and usefull PC components.

So far ive got the driver to my GPU, but struggeling to find other.
    ive been on intel`s download page, but there is many to choose from, so i dont know what to get.
    same goes for my motherboard.

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

MPN89, Aug 26, 2016

2. KB3081424 clean install nvidia GTX 660 fails to install

I reset my PC again with remove files and now 353.62 is the nVidia driver that is installed after the reset.

Bob Hanson (MNBob), Aug 26, 2016
  3. Acer Tablet No Longer Recognizes Its Network Adapter

No luck. Tried it, but didn't work. Cant even find any network adapter drivers in the driver manager.

Edit: After instaling a driver provided by Acer AND soft reseting, it worked. Thanks!

JordanBless, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

W10 should find the drivers automatically unless you have disabled driver updates. Otherwise, you will need to go to your manufacturer's web sites to find your drivers. There are also 3rd party utilities to find drivers which I don't use but others may suggest to you.

Steve C, Aug 26, 2016
  5. MPN89 Win User
    So W10 added things suchs as chipset drivers and audio drivers after the reset/format ?
    If thats the case, thanks for the reply. Will mark thread as solved then *Smile

MPN89, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    You will have indications in Device Manager if any drivers are missing or giving problems. Have you got the Anniversary Upgrade? That is basically a complete reinstallation and will find and reinstall your drivers.

Steve C, Aug 26, 2016
  7. MPN89 Win User
    Device Manager does not show that anything is missing or other problems so i guess the drivers are up to date. And im not sure if i have the anniversary upgrade for W10.
    All i know is that its W10 home, and it was a free upgrade from W7. But after the free "forced" upgrade i had some problems with the PC slowing down and memory leaking, so i decided to reset the OS.

MPN89, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Press the Windows key & R. Enter winver to show your Windows version. The AU update is Version 1607. If you have a lower version then you don't have the AU update and W10 should update unless you have deferred upgrades.

Steve C, Aug 26, 2016
  9. MPN89 Win User
    It shows that i have W10 version 1511. And i have automatic updates enabeld, And it dont think ive deferred the upgrade.

MPN89, Aug 27, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    It should have upgraded to the Anniversary Update by now unless you have deferred the upgrade. Try running check for updates, else you can use the Media Creation Tool to create a flash drive for the upgrade.

Steve C, Aug 27, 2016
  11. MPN89 Win User
    Windows update didnt find anything. So i guess il use the media creation tool and get the update that way.
    Will mark the thread as solved sinse the main topic has been cleared up. Thanks for then help *Smile

MPN89, Aug 27, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Aug 27, 2016
  13. Find and install drivers after PC reset

link :
    Windows 10

electronuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Find and install drivers after PC reset - Similar Threads - Find install drivers

2. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.: I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me...
  3. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.: I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me...
  4. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC: Hello I am Harshvardhan Sinha I am having a problem after I resseted and my Windows 10 my mouse drivers are deleted My Keyboard is all fine but mouse drivers are missing i even checked the device manager There is no Mice or Other pointing deviceI am trying to use my Keybord...
  6. Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC: Hello I am Harshvardhan Sinha I am having a problem after I resseted and my Windows 10 my mouse drivers are deleted My Keyboard is all fine but mouse drivers are missing i even checked the device manager There is no Mice or Other pointing deviceI am trying to use my Keybord...
  7. Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  9. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  10. Driver installation after Reset PC

Driver installation after Reset PC: Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC? 24618