Windows 10: Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile?

Discus and support Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there, I don't know if this is really the place to be posting about Windows 10 Mobile but I can't find much assistance eslewhere on the web.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LOTGS, Dec 7, 2016.

1. LOTGS Win User

Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile?

Hi there,

I don't know if this is really the place to be posting about Windows 10 Mobile but I can't find much assistance eslewhere on the web.

Does anyone know if it's possible to recall past version of a document for the Microsoft Word phone app? I have a Lumia Windows 10 phone with a document that I add work to most days, but when I went back to it today as normal, the document (and consquently the app) refused to load. The only way I could get past the loading screen was to connect to the web and load the document from a version of it that I uploaded to Onedrive a few days ago. Obviously this version has a substantial amount of work missing from it and there doesn't seem to be any option to rolling back to the full version I was working on just yesterday. I would've thought it must be buried away somewhere in the phone's memory as it's always been so good at keeping perfectly up to date in the past, easily moving through various documents stored in the phone's memory without telling it to save each one first.

I didn't do anything different from what I've done dozens of times before so I can't understand what's caused this issue...

Thanks.

:)

LOTGS, Dec 7, 2016
  2. szerwony Win User

All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Hi. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I can't find many of my apps. For example I have installed word, but I can run it only by finding word file. I can't find word in start menu. Searching also doesn't find it. I have a lot of applications
    with this problem. But Add or Remove Programs shows all my installed programs.

szerwony, Dec 7, 2016
  3. turtle916 Win User
    Windows 10 restore of user files after fresh install

I was using the backup in Windows 10.

To restore, I went to Settings > Backup > More Options > (scroll to the bottom) > Restore from a current backup. This took me to a History File that was empty. I.e. none of the folders had anything in them and the date didn't match the date of the backup
    made before I fresh installed Windows 10. I can find no way to make it point to the local of the backup on the NAS.

It seems to be centric to the name of the PC. As I noted in my original post, the fresh install of Windows changed the name of the PC.

Is there any way to rename the PC to the original name? This may allow the restoration to see the files which are in a directory called the old name.

In other words, Windows seems to be looking for a back up associated with the name XXXX and the files are in a directory named YYYY. If I change the directory name to XXXX, will Windows 10 find the backup?

Bill

turtle916, Dec 7, 2016
  4. Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile?

Are your Device backups on your Onedrive? Might they contain what you are looking for? Click on Onedrive, lower left corner, click on "Get More Storage" Upper left three bars appear (the hamburger), click on this and a menu opens which has device backups.

Caledon Ken, Dec 8, 2016
  5. LOTGS Win User
    Thanks for the reply Caledon Ken. Unfortunately as I only tend to connect my phone to the web every few days, the most recent version of the document on Onedrive is the one I have loaded which is missing the work done in the last few days. Also my Onedrive app seems to be different from what you describe- I can't find an option for 'get more storage' or device backups.

I had thought something would be saved on to the phone itself that I was hoping to access. After all, when I switched between multiple documents while offline, Word still always brought up the correctly up to date version of each without having to connect to Onedrive. So surely something is saved within the phone's own memory?

LOTGS, Dec 8, 2016
  6. The directions I was giving you was on the outlook.com using a desktop browser.

Did you do a search for a forum on your phone / os? They may have the experience getting those backup files.

Hopefully you have access to desktop browser. Otherwise when you log into Outlook.com ask for full site. Nine squares in upper left opens a window to "apps" like Onedrive.

Caledon Ken, Dec 8, 2016
  7. LOTGS Win User
    Ah I see. I did search for a forum for the mobile app/OS, but didn't find anything before I posted this. Since then though I have found the appropriate section on the Microsoft community site and posted the question there.

I do have access to a desktop computer, but the version of the document that I have now is the last one that was updated to Onedrive, so the desktop couldn't possibly have a more up to date version that the one I've already retrieved on the phone. I was hoping that there's some way of extracting a local backup file from the phone's memory, as it should've been saving all changes to the document as I made them.

LOTGS, Dec 8, 2016
  8. Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile?

Thanks for the update. I was hoping with desktop version you would find a "Backup of device" that the phone had initiated. Hopefully forum will point you to other alternatives.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile?

1. Find backup files in Word app on Windows 10 Mobile? - Similar Threads - Find backup files

2. Android Word App link in document will not open PDF on mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android Word App link in document will not open PDF on mobile: Mobile: Motorola G8 PlusOS: Android 10I have a document on OneDrive which I open on my mobile with the Word app. The document has a link which, for an experiment, contains the pathname for a PDF in the downloads folder on the mobile. The PDF just a happened to be there so it...
  3. Windows not finding my system image backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not finding my system image backup files: I recently tried reinstalling windows on my ssd to get it to have the EFI partition on the same drive as my OS but before I did that I made sure to make a system image backup. now after reinstalling windows which fixed the EFI partition location I now can't get windows to...
  4. Windows 10 Not Finding File History from Previous Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Not Finding File History from Previous Backup: Hey all, I recently reset my computer to try and troubleshoot something because nothing else was working I know, not a great idea. It wiped everything, obviously. I put a backup onto my external drive before the reset, so it has a folder called FileHistory with what I...
  5. Auto backups in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto backups in Word: Is there any option to specify where the backup is created? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-backups-in-word/c70b282c-1eea-4931-b69e-5b0cd3bbb931
  6. word mobile missing settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    word mobile missing settings: Hellou,why in my tablet word mobile Windows 10, doesn't exist settings PC? When I opet setting they just doesn't exist. Wanted to change settings for First letter of word in new sentence, that somehow always turns big. I need a small First letter in new line. Please, thank...
  7. Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?: Hello, Just came across the free (called "mobile") downloads of MS WORD, etc. for W10. From what I can see, they really are free. Sure I am missing something: If free, why would anyone buy Office ? What am I, as usual, missing ? Thought I would ask here first before...
  8. Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD ?: Hello, Just came across the free (called "mobile") downloads of MS WORD, etc. for W10. From what I can see, they really are free. Sure I am missing something: If free, why would anyone buy Office ? What am I, as usual, missing ? Thought I would ask here first before...
  9. Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage: How to: Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage How to Create and Manage Backups for Windows 10 Mobile Phones When you sign in with your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, you can turn on a service that lets you automatically save your app...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Phone Number - Find

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone Number - Find: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone Number - Find How to Find Phone Number of your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to find your phone number on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. Here's How: 1. Open Settings. 2. Tap...