Windows 10: Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC How to Find Private and Public IP Address of Your Windows 10 PC An IP address (Internet Protocol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by simrick, Sep 1, 2016.

1. simrick Win User

Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC

How to: Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC

How to Find Private and Public IP Address of Your Windows 10 PC

An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is used to identify computers on the Internet and network. IP addresses can be either public or private.

A public IP address is a unique address provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to identify your local network on the Internet. If your computer is connected directly to the Internet with no router sitting in between, your computers IP address is a public IP address.

A private IP address is assigned by your router to a PC or device on your local network. When a computer is assigned a private IP address, the other devices on the local network sees this computer via its private IP address. A private IP address can not be directly reached from the internet.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to find the private and public IPv4 and IPv6 addresses of your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Find Your IP Address in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Ethernet or Wi-Fi on the left side for the network connection you have, and click/tap on the your connected network on the right side. (see screenshots below)

Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

3. You will now see the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. (see screenshots below)

*note The IP addresses of an Ethernet connection will not be available if you have created a Hyper-V virtual switch with this Ethernet connection.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Find Your IP Address in Network Connections
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change adapter settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on your current network connection. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Details button. (see screenshots below)

5. You will now see the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. (see screenshots below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Find Your IP Address in Task Manager
    1. Open Task Manager.

2. Click/tap on the Performance tab, and click/tap on Ethernet or Wi-Fi on the left side for the network connection you have. (see screenshots below)

3. You will now see the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Find Your IP Address in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow ipconfig /all
    3. You will now see the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses of all network adapters on your PC. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Find Your IP Address in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste either command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow gip

or

*Arrow Get-NetIPConfiguration
    3. You will now see the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses of all network adapters on your PC. (see screenshots below)

OPTION SIX [/i] To Find Your Public IP Address using Google
    1. Go to www.google.com in your web browser.

2. Type what is my IP in the Google search bar, and press Enter.

3. You will now see your public IP address. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

simrick, Sep 1, 2016

2. ID numbers of items on network

Hi Kenneth,

It seems that you are looking for the IP address of your computers. To check for the IP address in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows XP, please refer to the following links:

For your Ubuntu machine, you may have to contact its support team for assistance.

However, if you want a complete list of the IP addresses of all devices connected to your network, you may look into your router's DHCP client table.

Should you need further help, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 1, 2016
  3. How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?

Upon upgrade to Windows 10, I received an error message advising me that another computer on my network had he same IP address. I tried to find the IP address to change it but was unable to locate it. where is the IP address located in Windows 10?

perplexedn10, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC

1. Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Find Address

2. I'm trying to get my email address back. I just got a code Number but can't find Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to get my email address back. I just got a code Number but can't find Microsoft.: 638384 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-get-my-email-address-back-i-just-got/de251d4c-287d-47b5-804c-d9d642452725
  3. I'm trying to get my email address back. I just got a code Number but can't find Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to get my email address back. I just got a code Number but can't find Microsoft.: 638384 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-get-my-email-address-back-i-just-got/de251d4c-287d-47b5-804c-d9d642452725
  4. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?: I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address ?thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-ip-address-of-my-pc-so-how-to-find/8305236f-7abe-4ced-99eb-98d2988b1ff8
  5. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?: I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address ?thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-ip-address-of-my-pc-so-how-to-find/8305236f-7abe-4ced-99eb-98d2988b1ff8
  6. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.

how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.: Today I updated new MS update.then this happened: I sent an email to someone new. But I could not add her to my PEOPLE contacts in Mail for windows. What's going on?? I cant even access my address book. it i click on people icon and it goes blank. the email I sent to her came...
  8. how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.: Today I updated new MS update.then this happened: I sent an email to someone new. But I could not add her to my PEOPLE contacts in Mail for windows. What's going on?? I cant even access my address book. it i click on people icon and it goes blank. the email I sent to her came...
  9. how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How do I find a connected Bluetooth device from its address?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find a connected Bluetooth device from its address?: In Settings/Bluetooth and other devices, I have a listing that is connected to my Windows 10 but has no name. All it says it is connected using LE followed by a 12-character address.How do I find out what it is? But then I have a Bluetooth keyboard that on scanning is...