Find large *folders* on hard disks

Discus and support Find large *folders* on hard disks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My hard disk is full. I need to empty some space. I'm trying to locate the large folders I can empty. However there seems no good way to locate these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GarySt, Jul 7, 2018.

1. GarySt Win User

My hard disk is full. I need to empty some space. I'm trying to locate the large folders I can empty. However there seems no good way to locate these folders in windows. Trying to search via Win Explorer Search option: "size:gigantic kind:=folder", simply doesn't work. It gives me only files.
    Note that it must be that there IS some large folders: e.g., C: is a folder. And it is larger than "gigantic". (The search should be recursive of course).

Help!*Sick

:)

GarySt, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Marivel Man Win User

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Michael Gall Win User
    External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Find large *folders* on hard disks - Similar Threads - Find large *folders*

2. Need Program To Find The Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Program To Find The Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score: Greetings! I know about this and it's just fine - Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials However, what I really need is a quality app to do this accurately and graphically for various clients of mine. Something portable would be...
  3. Can not find D hard drive in disk defragment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not find D hard drive in disk defragment: I can find my SSD as my C: but for some reason my D: will not show up on the list. I ran a chkdsk and it can find and analyze D Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 976629759 KB total disk space. 491134428 KB in...
  4. In which header file may I find WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    In which header file may I find WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS ??: In which header file may I find WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/in-which-header-file-may-i-find/1a884870-590b-4843-9d32-a5e43ba1038c
  5. where do i find utilities?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where do i find utilities?: I'm trying to find utilities so I can hook up my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-do-i-find-utilities/ae8a05b1-f814-45f4-b08c-16538f195dbc
  6. Can't find how to use WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find how to use WIFI: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I don't know what's going on. I can't find anyway to use wifi, even driver. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-find-how-to-use-wifi/840698cb-e1ba-47a8-8a2d-82b31b2b31e5
  7. Could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not find the recovery environment: I have my laptop hp 14-bs0xx. before, I'm trying to reset my laptop and it had worked fine. I tried resetting it again this time, but it says could not find the recovery environment. I tried enabling it through the command prompt but it says unable to update boot...
  8. Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 News
    Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature: Microsoft earlier this year launched Windows 10 April 2018 Update and it comes with a new feature called Timeline that allows users to create snapshots of their activities and restore them within the next 30 days. Timeline stores snapshots of almost everything including the...
  9. How to remove Languae icon from taskbar, Win10. Can't find how to do this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Languae icon from taskbar, Win10. Can't find how to do this: Suddenly, Language icon has appeared in Win10 taskbar, can't find any way to get rid of it. Went to settings, icons, but there is no language icon to turn off. Deleted all other languages, only one available, but the icon is still there. But when I click on the icon, there...
  10. How can I find large files in windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I find large files in windows10: Hi. How can I find large files on my local harddrive using windows10. I need to clean up unused large files 16407