Windows 10: find out of Windows 10 was upgraded to clean installed

Discus and support find out of Windows 10 was upgraded to clean installed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know if there is any way I can find out if on a computer its Windows 10 was upgraded or came from a clean install. And if I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lethargos, May 25, 2016.

1. lethargos Win User

find out of Windows 10 was upgraded to clean installed

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way I can find out if on a computer its Windows 10 was upgraded or came from a clean install. And if I can find this out after the 30-day period in which you can still go back to your previous operating system.

:)

lethargos, May 25, 2016
  2. BANGALLA Win User

BANGALLA

I have mistakenly installed a clean copy, not an upgrade, of windows 10 and wish to remove it and return to 8.1

I am having trouble finding out how to remove a clean install. I have a full version of Windows 8.1 on disc which I will install after 10 is removed.

BANGALLA, May 25, 2016
  3. SteffenDB Win User
    Upgraded to Windows 10 then clean installed to new SSD - Won't activate (blocked)

Hi, Antony – thank you very much for your quick reply.

The information behhind the link was very extensive and clear. I will give it some time to see if it eventually activates.

One problem remains, and my question is:

Why did the installer install a x86 home edition when my upgraded and activated version was
    x64 pro? I carefully selected the right version when I created the boot-drive USB using the
    Microsoft media creation tool.

SteffenDB, May 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Have a look in the registry within the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup.

There will be entries for Source OS if you upgraded.

philc43, May 25, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can also run showkey plus from this forum. If it was upgraded it will show you the original OS product key. If it is a clean install, original OS product key will be blank.
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. find out of Windows 10 was upgraded to clean installed - Similar Threads - find was upgraded

2. 8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10: I have to perform a clean install of Windows 8.1. Can I bypass that installation if I know I'll be upgrading to 10.Note: this PC came from HP. So I don't have a key.Thanks in advance....
  3. 8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10: I have to perform a clean install of Windows 8.1. Can I bypass that installation if I know I'll be upgrading to 10.Note: this PC came from HP. So I don't have a key.Thanks in advance....
  4. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  5. Upgrade or clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  6. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?

Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?: I had windows 8.1 pro original dvd installed on my system. Then I upgraded free to windows 10. Now I want to make a new clean installation of windows 10 without keeping old files and directories and apps on c:\ So I downloaded the Microsoft windows 10 media creation...
  8. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...
  9. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  10. Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.

Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.: Hello guys, when W10 first came out, I upgraded it from Win 8.1 to 10. Now, I want to make a clean install of W10, and I was wondering If I could use my W8.1 key. I mean, not installing 8.1 and upgrading, just installing W10 and putting the cd key, since I have it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find out when a machine was upgraded