Windows 10: Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

Discus and support Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows How to Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows [img] Information Sometimes abbreviated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Anak, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Anak Win User

Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

How to: Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

How to Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) used for identification and inventory purposes. A serial number allows the manufacturer to identify a product and get additional information about it, for replacement, or as a means of finding compatible parts.

This tutorial will show you how to find the manufacturer serial number of hard drives (HHD and SSD) in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Find Serial Number of Hard Drive on Manufacturing Label
    • Option Two: To Find Serial Number of Hard Drives in Command Prompt
    • Option Three: To Find Serial Number of Hard Drives in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] To Find Serial Number of Hard Drive on Manufacturing Label

Note Each hard drive manufacturer's label will vary slightly, so you may need to check their support site for specific details on how to find the serial number on their label.

1. Look for the serial number on the label on top of the physical hard drive. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Find Serial Number of Hard Drives in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow wmic diskdrive get model,name,serialnumber
    3. You will now see the model, name, and serial number listed for your hard drives.

Note The Name will give your the physical drive number that is the same disk number in Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) to help ID the drives.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Find Serial Number of Hard Drives in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Enter the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Get-WMIObject win32_physicalmedia | Format-List Tag,SerialNumber
    3. You will now see the tag (name) and serial number listed for your hard drives.

Note The Tag will give your the physical drive number that is the same disk number in Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) to help ID the drives.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Jack_246 Win User

Windows 10 won't boot "Repairing disk errors this might take more than an hour to complete"

Is their a way I can find the serial number of my Hard Drive without taking it out of the computer?

Jack_246, Jun 18, 2017
  3. PKaN97 Win User
    hard drive with windows 10 is dead,how can i install windows 10 to a new one if i don't have the serial

hi

I had updated my pc to windows 10,from windows 8.1 so i don't have the serial number

Can i install windows 10 to a new hard drive without the serial?And if i can't,how can i find the serial key?

PKaN97, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Same here. I prefer not to use 3rd party programs for something that can already be done natively in Windows.

Brink, Jun 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows - Similar Threads - Find Serial Number

2. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  3. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  4. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  5. serial number?

serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  6. Find serial number to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  7. Find serial number to laptop

Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  8. finding serial numbers on product

finding serial numbers on product: find serial numbers on prodct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-serial-numbers-on-product/ffa2dac9-5ad8-433c-ad62-08ae2bde9c8b
  9. Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number: My PC's hard drive has bit the dust and i cannot remember where my serial number is. Is there a way to get my serial number online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-hard-drive-windows-serial-number/27121fa9-503b-4fcc-96c9-350ef877c1c9
  10. Find Serial Number of Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Windows PC: How to: Find Serial Number of Windows PC How to Find Serial Number of Windows PC Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) used for identification and inventory...