Windows 10: Finding the Sound control from Settings

Discus and support Finding the Sound control from Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a path from the settings icon in the startbar to the sound control which is in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items? I'm finding that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Swifty, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Swifty Win User

Finding the Sound control from Settings

Is there a path from the settings icon in the startbar to the sound control which is in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items?

I'm finding that I'm having to build my own Settings control, which contains the settings that I can't find in the standard Settings control!

:)

Swifty, Aug 18, 2016
  2. r8russ Win User

Are the Windows mail app sounds (selected from Control Panel > Sound) disabled in the Windows 10 mail app?

Basic problem: with Windows 8.1, the incoming mail audible alert (sound) for the Mail App works perfectly by going to Control Panel > Sound and selecting preferred sounds for "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification." After upgrading to Windows
    10, no selection in Control Panel > Sound produces the desired audible alert. Instead, it seems the only sound one gets on incoming mail is via Mail app > Settings > Options > Notifications > Show in Action Center > Play a sound. However, the Action Center
    sound is not selectable by any means I could find, and it is unaffected by and apparently unrelated to the above Sound settings in Control Panel. (It's also a pretty wimpy sound.)

The sound selection in Control Panel for the calendar app works fine, just like it did in Windows 8.1. Interestingly, I couldn't find any sound controls at all in the calendar app, which may explain why they work from Control Panel. This problem only exists
    in the mail app, where there *is* a sound control of sorts.

This is the second PC on which I've experienced this identical problem, so I don't suspect it's my hardware. My observation is that Control Panel > Sound linkage has been removed from the Win10 mail app and the expectation is that we will only get that
    fixed sound from the Action Center. If that's true, then (1) that's a big step down from the way it worked in Windows 8.1, (2) it's not consistent with the similar sound controls in the calendar app, and (3) if that's the way it's to be, then those mail options
    should be removed from Control Panel > Sound.

Or, if my conclusion is incorrect, then what's the answer? How does one get the same incoming mail sounds that we got in Windows 8.1?

r8russ, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Camera isn't working after windows update from win 8.1 to win 10 .

I have Samsung laptop model NP355V5C-SO5IN . After updating it from win 8.1 to win 10 my camera stopped working.

Error code : 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Also in Device Manager I could not find any driver setting for webcam not even under Sound, video and game controllers...

Can't find this :

[

Select the Start button, type Device Manager,
    and then select Device Manager from the search results.

Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    ]

VIJAY DIXIT, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Right click the Volume icon in the system tray.

Edwin, Aug 18, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Swifty Win User
    Thanks for that. It also leads on to a related question:

How can I influence which icons appear in the system tray, and which ones appear in the small popup panel which appears when I click the up-arrow to the left of the system tray?

P.S. Aha, I see I can drag them around.

Swifty, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Finding the Sound control from Settings - Similar Threads - Finding Sound control

2. Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 , Sound not working And cant open sound settings from control panel: So i was playing games normally , But one day sound stopped working , Like i tried to switch speakers but still sound was not working , i thought i disabled the device from control panel , but i cant even open the settings , see screenshot down[ATTACH] so i thought it is...
  3. Sound Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Control: All of a sudden my volume goes to 100% by itself. If I turn it down it goes up again. Sometimes I can play with it and it will stop and then while watching video it goes up to 100% by itself. What causes this? Windows 10 Home, Microsoft Edge. Inspiron 11 3168 notebook from...
  4. Sound control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control: what is a shortcut for sound control ? and how can i u it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-control/9d667e79-d787-4c6f-83b2-763b357f80f6
  5. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  6. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...
  7. Sound control

Sound control: Hello! I suddenly realised, that I'm controling sound volume with my mouse wheel and changing songs with a side buttons on it, what I don't want to. How to turn that option down?...
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Cannot find any parental control settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot find any parental control settings: Hi, I cannot find any parental control settings for a user account I have created for my young child. I have read a number of blogs as well as Microsoft's windows 10 help site, and it seems the options just aren't there. I'm setting all this up from the...
  10. Control Sound

Control Sound: I opened a radio station listening to music while browsing and now I can't turn it off. I tried the speakers in upper right corner but that is volume. Thanks 97883