Windows 10: Finding unknown crashing process or program

Discus and support Finding unknown crashing process or program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi This afternoon (Sunday 26th Aug) I've started getting a Crash Log message appear on my PC with the following message: Crash Logs The program or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TraceyW Win User

Finding unknown crashing process or program

Hi

This afternoon (Sunday 26th Aug) I've started getting a Crash Log message appear on my PC with the following message:

Crash Logs
    The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer?

It then gives me the option of sending the info to the developer (whoever that may be!!!) with a Yes and No button

It doesn't tell me what process or program or give any other info at all. So my question is: how the hell do I find out what is happening and what is the process/program involved. I know this is a very vague question but I really am providing all the info I am being given. Basically something is crashing on my PC and I don't know or know how to find out what is crashing. I have reason to believe I ought to be able to find out using Event Viewer - but how?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Aug 26, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 26, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

1. Finding unknown crashing process or program - Similar Threads - Finding unknown crashing

2. Crashing unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing unknown: Hi, this is the system information from a crash I have been experiancing. The past couple times it was while playing overwatch, but this time it was in the middle of just watching youtube. It takes me to a blue screen and the laptop reboots. After the crash before this,...
  3. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  4. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Unknown Process "": I recently ran a powercfg /sleepsystemdiagnostics report to determine what is keeping the display running when the system is idle. I can across this process in the report. I've never seen it before. Can anyone identify it?START TIME: 2022-08-31 T08:16:16DURATION: 0:17:11TYPE:...
  5. WIN10 Unknown Process ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unknown crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown crashing: My pc has been having random crashing problems for months now and I have tried many different solutions as each crash had different or similar notifications. So I went into "View reliability history" and at nearly all crash points it said "hardware error" is there any way I...
  7. Unknown programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown programs: For past few days, after I installed and uninstalled some softwares, I've been constantly seeing these unknown executables in the task manager- [ATTACH] I've scanned through each and every hidden and unhidden directory of my pc and deleted all of the junk, but the above...
  8. unknown program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown program: what is SearchResults.exe ? Kaspersky is telling me I have 11 objects which require my decision for deletion. SearchResults.exe is one of them. However, SearchResults.exe is not in Add/Remove Programs, and a search did not bring up the program. Thanks, Rudy...
  9. Unknown process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown process: Anyone have any ideas Hp shutdown proc 148739
  10. Unknown program/service not able to close or find.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown program/service not able to close or find.: I am on version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) Since 2-3 days an unknowns program named aaaaaaaaa is seen in taskview. [img] I cant close this program. It is seen in all my virtual desktop. In my task manager i cant see this program name. I tried closing almost all program in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown or crash programs

2. windows 10 clipboard paste crash dump unknown program