Windows 10: Finding what drivers are installed

Discus and support Finding what drivers are installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have tried Googling and I cannot find what drivers have been installed am concerned re the audio one for the machine as I have a problem with it. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, May 3, 2016.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Finding what drivers are installed

Have tried Googling and I cannot find what drivers have been installed am concerned re the audio one for the machine as I have a problem with it. There are no audio drivers listed on the Asus site for audio for W 10 and I have seen vague references to find them through looking in C: drive but it is so much more difficult than the 7 system.

Any ideas please *Huh

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 3, 2016

2. Blue Yeti says drivers are not installed.

Hi Jim, The thing is that the manufacturer cannot provide any drivers as none exist. It also worked on another PC. However that one did ship with Windows 10. Any more advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ReillyHewitson, May 3, 2016
  3. Blue Yeti says drivers are not installed.

Hi Rachelle, thanks for the advice I did what you suggested and went through the troubleshooter. It said there were no drivers at the end:
    Finding what drivers are installed [​IMG]

Any advice on what to do next?

ReillyHewitson, May 3, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Device manager, then look at properties for each device you are concerned with...

RWOne, May 3, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    You can also use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command in an administrator: command prompt window to get a list of installed drivers on your PC. Here's the syntax:

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /get-drivers

To pipe it to a file "C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /get-drivers >> c:\driverlist.txt" (omit quotes). Then you can use a text editor to open the file and start digging into its contents.

Looks like DriverStore Explorer (RAPR.EXE) will also tell you the same thing, though it's based on files in the current DriverStore folder. It's a great tool: I use it all the time for driver cleanup.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    View the installed drivers list on Windows operating system

Nirsoft's InstalledDriversList is specified up to Win 10 x64.

Finding what drivers are installed [​IMG]

Says this:
    Meaning of green/yellow/red icons

• Green Icon - The driver is running on Windows kernel.
    • Yellow Icon - The driver is not running on Windows kernel.
    • Red Icon - The driver is not running on Windows kernel, but it should be loaded automatically when Windows starts. When you see a red icon, it's possible that something is wrong with the driver.

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks everyone I am going to give everything a try because the Microsoft site referred to some thing called DRW and listed the drivers as they were - I couldn't find.

Sorry to be a pain but am so used to just going straight to stuff like that in 7 without going round the houses as it were, but I want to get used to the normal 10 GUI instead of using Classic Shell like my other machine, just as I am wary to using my email and banking sites.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Finding what drivers are installed - Similar Threads - Finding drivers are

2. Installing windows 11 cant find drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 11 cant find drivers.: I have a hp victus 15l desktop. It had windows 11 preinstalled. for personal reasons I installed pop OS a Linux distribution and cleaned the disk for it i disabled secure boot in bios because I had to. However after a while I realized my mistake so I downloaded a new windows...
  3. Windows installer finds no any drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installer finds no any drivers: Not sure this issue may be addressed here. Just give it a try.My old PC starts having issues, on/off switch won't turn the machine on most of the times. So, I bought a second hand PSU different make & MB identical with the OEM one and tried to test which one of then or both...
  4. Windows installer finds no any drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installer finds no any drivers: Not sure this issue may be addressed here. Just give it a try.My old PC starts having issues, on/off switch won't turn the machine on most of the times. So, I bought a second hand PSU different make & MB identical with the OEM one and tried to test which one of then or both...
  5. Windows Install - Can’t find SSD driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Install - Can’t find SSD driver: I’m trying to install Windows on an Asus Zenbook Q409. When I get to the step to select the storage device and partitions, there are no storage devices listed, but it gives the option to browse for drivers. I confirmed that the SSD is functioning as it is listed in both the...
  6. Windows Install - Can’t find SSD driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Install - Can’t find SSD driver: I’m trying to install Windows on an Asus Zenbook Q409. When I get to the step to select the storage device and partitions, there are no storage devices listed, but it gives the option to browse for drivers. I confirmed that the SSD is functioning as it is listed in both the...
  7. Is it possible to find what device uses a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to find what device uses a driver?: Hello, After updating to Windows 10 2004, I noticed that Windows Security now reports incompatible drivers when you try to turn on Memory Integrity under Core Isolation. The driver I've had issues with for years now appears to be usb2ser.sys, but I can't find any devices...
  8. Windows driver installer finds driver but cant install them.

Windows driver installer finds driver but cant install them.: Im trying to update drivers for a device and when i use the windows auto device driver updater, it finds the drivers but apparently cannot install them. Is there any way to make them install?...
  9. Help finding what driver I have.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help finding what driver I have.: Since the new windows update my internet has been dropping with the event id 16002 saying, Closing a UDP socket with local port number 52908 in process 1644 is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed....
  10. Find and install drivers after PC reset

Find and install drivers after PC reset: Hello. I just reseted my PC ( factory reset), and now i need to find drivers and utilitys i need for my motherboard, processor and other vital and usefull PC components. So far ive got the driver to my GPU, but struggeling to find other. ive been on intel`s download...