Windows 10: Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon?

Discus and support Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to logon to Microsoft systems, I get this prompt: [ATTACH] I'm quite aware what triggers this - accounts whereby there is both an Office... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob Nicholson (Home), Jul 4, 2018.

1. Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon?

When I try to logon to Microsoft systems, I get this prompt:

Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon? 95f37376-9417-4efa-96aa-c815b75f76dd?upload=true.png

I'm quite aware what triggers this - accounts whereby there is both an Office 365 account and Microsoft account using the same email address.

Except, that's my personal email address which is not used anywhere (to my knowledge) as an Office 365 system logon. I've checked the six Office 365 systems used by my client and it's not in there - well obviously.

It could be that it was used in a trial of Office 365 a few years ago when I was doing some research/learning but that trial has long since expired so I can't access it.

When I try to logon using the work address, it rejects the password and when I go through the reset password, it says the account doesn't exist:

Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon? e0bd322c-3d5a-49c4-9dd9-379d7cdc122c?upload=true.png

So something has got very confused here. Obviously, when I enter my personal email address, Microsoft is checking something to think I've got a work and personal account. However, as an end user, I can't work out what other system it thinks I've got an account with.

I don't want to rename my personal account BTW as I use that all the time.

Is there anyway Microsoft can delete this work address for me? I don't want it...

:)

Rob Nicholson (Home), Jul 4, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

How to enable 'send as' in Outlook (Office 365 email)

Both. In OWA (web app) the users need to select Show from:

Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon? [​IMG]

When doing this first time, the new allowed Send As email is not shown in the From drop down list. Users need to right click their usual Send As address and select Remove, then add the new Send As address manually:

Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon? [​IMG]

After that the new address will be shown and can be selected from the drop down list.

In Outlook desktop app users need to manually remove their usual Send As address and add the new one, thereafter the new address will be shown in From drop down list.

Kari, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Office 365 for students

Its possible you need to download the software install files from the schools website if you purchased it through the school.

• Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office 365 Education.
    • Open the Microsoft Office 365 Web site.
    • On the Office in education screen, enter your IT Account NetID, followed by <university email
      address>
      and click Get Started.
    • Select I'm a student on the next page. You will be sent an email with instructions.
    • Follow the steps in the email. It is recommended that you use the same password as you use for other
      University services.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon?

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon?

1. Finding which Office 365 system has my personal email address as a logon? - Similar Threads - Finding Office 365

2. 365 Personal email address is not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    365 Personal email address is not recognised: I have 365 Personal which was renewed last in September 2022. I also have a 365 Business but that is intact.I received a notification a week or so ago that my subscription had been paid for xbox via paypal but I don't recognise this payment and I don't have an xbox. I do have...
  3. 365 Personal email address is not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    365 Personal email address is not recognised: I have 365 Personal which was renewed last in September 2022. I also have a 365 Business but that is intact.I received a notification a week or so ago that my subscription had been paid for xbox via paypal but I don't recognise this payment and I don't have an xbox. I do have...
  4. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  5. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  6. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email address in Office 365 account: I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old...
  8. Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365: I can no longer send emails to address that has an underscore in it. The postmaster that can't find the address and denies the message has changed to office 365 I don't have office 365 on my computer or use it The same thing happens on my mobile phone...
  9. OFFICE 365 FRAUD EMAIL from HELPDESK <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OFFICE 365 FRAUD EMAIL from HELPDESK <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>: I got this email you see below. Must have been too tired and I clicked on the link. Then compounded my stupidity when I entered my email and password for my Microsoft account. I KNOW!!! God I've lost several brain cells at 72 but this was truly stupid. When I did not get...
  10. Configure users with Office 365 Business and Personal on same system

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Configure users with Office 365 Business and Personal on same system: I have a few cases where a company employee already has their own paid subscription to Office 365 Personal on their laptops but they need to have the copy of Office 365 Small Business Premium that is linked to their company email account in order to have access to all the...