Windows 10: Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon?

Discus and support Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My laptop has a finger print reader. Quite often this fails to recognize me. How can I increase the number of attempts that I am allowed? Also why... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by machare, Feb 27, 2016.

1. machare Win User

Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon?

My laptop has a finger print reader. Quite often this fails to recognize me. How can I increase the number of attempts that I am allowed?

Also why does 'Hello' get mentioned in the error message? Is there a facial recognition facility?

:)

machare, Feb 27, 2016
  2. MG__ Win User

Windows Hello

Fingerprint log-in does not function with Windows Hello using Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E7450 equipped with a built-in Fingerprint Reader.
    Technique used to scan fingerprint is resting finger on reader, momentarily pausing, and then moving finger upward.

Problem started when using Settings to add fingerprint of index and middle finger of right hand - reader did not recognize fingerprints.
    Contacted Dell for assistance to replace reader and update driver. New reader finally recognized fingerprints after multiple attempts to add fingerprints.

After fingerprints were added, only a few log-ins have been successful using fingerprints.
    Most attempts to log-in with fingerprints lead to messages prompting me to clean reader and/or require log in with PIN after too many unsuccessful attempts. Cleaning the new reader with a dry cloth did not help.

Please let me know tips for using Finger Print Reader to log in from Windows Hello.

3. Sign in at Start Up

Recently, my Windows 10 computer has not been allowing me to sign into the computer using my password, only the finger print reader, when starting up the laptop or when coming back from sleep mode. When I attempt to click on the link for "sign-in options"
    (which would allow me to bring up the text box to enter my password), the screen freezes, the finger print reader stops working, and then the sign in screen resets 30-60 seconds later allowing the use of the finger print reader again. This issue was present
    prior to the most recent Windows 10 update and has persisted after.

Other suggestions have been to turn the password function off, but that is not an option for the nature of the work I do on the computer.

Bratcher Adams, Feb 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello machare,

As you maybe aware the fingerprint recognition is part of the Windows Hello sign in options. You can remove and add fingerprints using the Account Settings page as shown below. You may need to redo your fingerprint for better recognition. I am not aware that you can reset the number of tries but you can add multiple fingerprints.

Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon? [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  5. machare Win User
    Thanks for your help. The new HP laptop that I have comes with its own finger print software. I did wonder from the error message which mentioned 'Hello' whether there was some confusion as to what software should be trying to recognize my finger. I have now added some finger prints to the W10 a/c setup, so I will see if that helps.

machare, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon? - Similar Threads - Finger print reader

2. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  3. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  4. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  5. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  6. finger print reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print reader: I have a HP Pavilion x360 windows 10 and my finger print read does not work anymore, it was working fine until I did the new update. So I want to know is there a way to fix this problem....
  7. My finger print reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    My finger print reader: I have an older Lenovo Thinkpad running windows 10 that was refurbished. It has a finger print reader, when i first got the computer i was able to use and set up my finger print. But now I can not, it i just says this device does not meet your organization requirements for...
  8. finger print on os w10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print on os w10: Hi. I had set up a finger print couple of month ago. Then I re installed my windows and all of my data has been removed. now i want to set another finger print but it writes these fingers has saved on other account. I fallowed the orders but when I click on remove the...
  9. hp finger print reader not dected

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp finger print reader not dected: hp finger print reader not dected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-finger-print-reader-not-dected/214317d9-e011-4487-ade7-f2d015143fe7
  10. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Print Reader now Inoperative: I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase the number of tries fingerprint login