Windows 10: Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update

Discus and support Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, This is the second time I have received a major update for windows 10, after the update my fingerprint is no longer recognised. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShawnReist, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update

Hello,

This is the second time I have received a major update for windows 10, after the update my fingerprint is no longer recognised. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device; but the fingers I was using were not recognized even after a reinstall of the drivers. Trying to remove fingerprints and trying to add the fingerprints again does not work. The only way I was able to get it to work again was to do a reinstall of the system and then do all updates so I was able to use the same fingers.

So; if I was using my index finger, and the update happened. After the update the index finger was not recognised. That included after reinstalling drivers or having the unit remove all fingerprints. the index finger would not scan. adding different fingers was allowed and would be recognised.

I found that if I rolled a finger to the side (45°) I was able to use the finger. but it is not always comfortable or easy; otherwise, its a full reinstall.

I have gone looking through the web, even finding the reg-keys, files associated with fingerprints and removing them did not work

HP EliteBook, Folio 9470m

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

ShawnReist, Aug 14, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update

fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update

1. Fingerprint not recognised after major windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint recognised major

2. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update: So basically, I got the notification that an update is available and I updated. But when I booted my PC up the taskbar was broken and when I hovered over it it would make my cursor load as if the taskbar isn't responding. And when I clicked the taskbar it would do what...
  3. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update: So basically, I got the notification that an update is available and I updated. But when I booted my PC up the taskbar was broken and when I hovered over it it would make my cursor load as if the taskbar isn't responding. And when I clicked the taskbar it would do what...
  4. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fingerprint Sensor not being recognised by windows.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor not being recognised by windows.: Everything was working fine an hour before I kept my laptop on charging, when I came back, windows displayed this message and now my fingerprint sensor is not working at all.No updates were installed prior to this problem and it worked fine an hour ago....
  6. after last major windows 10 update my fingerprint scanner lost from the system hp...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after last major windows 10 update my fingerprint scanner lost from the system hp...: it appears like this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-major-windows-10-update-my-fingerprint/d0574e54-bbee-490c-9449-cdac3893db56
  7. Fingerprint scanner not recognised.

Fingerprint scanner not recognised.: I have an ASUS computer, with a fingerprint scanner. The scanner was working fine, up until I installed the Windows 10 1909 update. Now it says that there are no compatible fingerprint scanners for Windows Hello fingerprint sign-in. Why has this happened?...
  8. Passcode not recognised after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Passcode not recognised after update: Hi, I have just updated windows 10 and went into safe mode to see if it resolved a separate issue. However windows will now not recognise my administrator passcode despite it being correct. Help please!...
  9. Fingerprint sensor not working since last major windows update?

Fingerprint sensor not working since last major windows update?: i have an ASUS Vivobook 15, and it has a fingerprint sensor that has stopped working completely. I only really noticed it recently as its not my primary machine, but the last thing i remember doing was a large windows update before I went away to work and now it doesnt work...
  10. While setting fingerprint it is not recognising

in Windows 10 Customization
    While setting fingerprint it is not recognising: [IMG]while swiping the screen is like this[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-setting-fingerprint-it-is-not-recognising/c8492cce-3494-48d8-ad0d-6beac9b46eba

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint not found after windows upgrade

2. finger print not recognised windows 10