Windows 10: Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

Discus and support Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adharsh K Prakash, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But after typing my password , no vibration in my fingerprint reader when in put my finger over it. And I can't login to my laptop with fingerprint . So every time I want to login , I have to type my password which is very annoying .Please help me solve this issue . I tried uninstalling fingerprint driver and updating it . But it didn't work .

:)

Adharsh K Prakash, Dec 9, 2023

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

I can't troubleshoot my device if it isn't allowed to load. I have attached images displaying my device and the most recent update attempt.
    Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update f7010e7f-8710-4aa8-8bac-880e24be6f19.png

My fingerprint reader was working when I upgraded to Windows 10, but after a system refresh, it no longer works. I know that I have the correct drivers installed as they are the ones that came with my computer's setup files.

Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update 6bc019d4-c502-4c2c-acfe-a7cbe53716be.png

Something else may be preventing my reader from working. Please clarify Code 31.

This question isn't answered unless all instances of this problem are put to rest.

MassTransitKrow, Dec 9, 2023
  4. John J.D. Win User

Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

Fingerprint reader stopped working

Hi AlessandroTorcoli,

I am , a fellow Microsoft user like you.

I understand that you have tried various methods to fix the fingerprint reader issue on your Lenovo 13s-IML laptop after updating to Windows 11. Since you have already tried updating drivers, BIOS, and other troubleshooting steps, I suggest you try the following steps:

Uninstall and reinstall the fingerprint driver specifically designed for Windows 11:

> Download the Fingerprint Driver (Goodix, Elan) for Windows 11 (64-bit) from the Lenovo support page.: https://support.lenovo.com/eg/en/downloads/ds55...

> Uninstall the current fingerprint driver from Device Manager.

> Install the downloaded driver and restart your laptop.

Keep in mind that using a PIN or a password manager can help you log in more quickly and securely while you're trying to resolve the fingerprint reader issue.

Let me know if you have any further question, Let's work together to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

------------------
    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

John J.D., Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

1. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader responding

2. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update: My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But after typing my password , no vibration in my fingerprint reader when in put my finger over it. And I can't login to my laptop...
  3. Fingerprint reader not available after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not available after 22H2 update: I have a Laptop Go and I updated to 22H2 and now the fingerprint reader is no longer available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-available-after-22h2-update/3ed6fcfe-2b39-46bb-ab28-ad886e10ef4e
  4. Fingerprint reader not available after 22H2 update

Fingerprint reader not available after 22H2 update: I have a Laptop Go and I updated to 22H2 and now the fingerprint reader is no longer available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-not-available-after-22h2-update/3ed6fcfe-2b39-46bb-ab28-ad886e10ef4e
  5. Fingerprint Reader Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader Issues: Hello Community I just brought a Microsoft surface laptop go 128 GB, I have accidentally put on one of my fingerprints on the account that I removed from my laptop and I can't use the same fingerprint on the other account. How can I remove that fingerprint off the old...
  6. Fingerprint Reader Issues

Fingerprint Reader Issues: Hello Community I just brought a Microsoft surface laptop go 128 GB, I have accidentally put on one of my fingerprints on the account that I removed from my laptop and I can't use the same fingerprint on the other account. How can I remove that fingerprint off the old...
  7. Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader: I just got this computer and the fingerprint reader is giving me problems. The reader itself is working fine and letting me use it, the issue lies with windows hello. I want to add another fingerprint to the prints that would work, but when I go into the settings to do that...
  8. Fingerprint reader not working after windows update.

Fingerprint reader not working after windows update.: My windows was recently updated and after which fingerprint reader stopped working. "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello fingerprint." I tried updating the driver from the device manager but it says the best driver for this is already...
  9. Fingerprint reader issue

Fingerprint reader issue: Hello Sir, my finger print reader just got disabled. I did not made any changes in the settings or elsewhere. it was working properly fine from last 8 months. Please assist. System Specifications: intelR core TM i5 , CPU 2.00 GHz...
  10. Fingerprint reader not working after Windows updates

Fingerprint reader not working after Windows updates: Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga C930-131KB laptop (Type 81C4), and the recent update disabled my fingerprint reader. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and manually updating the drivers from the Lenovo website. No luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ***Original...