Windows 10: Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Discus and support Fingerprint reader on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by milleniumaire, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device.

The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected files as well as entering passwords into web screens. The software maintained a database, which allowed any entry of a password to be stored against a fingerprint.

Consequently, I've become used to simply swiping the fingerprint reader to enter all my passwords. Brilliant!

Along comes Windows 10 and I can't get Protector Suite 2012 to install. It gives the error "To use this product, Windows Biometric Framework must be enabled.". I can successfully setup Windows 10 Hello to use the fingerprint reader to login to Windows 10, but this is a small fraction of the potential of using fingerprints.

Anyone any idea on how to enable Windows Biometric Framework. By the way I've already tried using gpedit.msc to Enable "Allow the use of biometrics" but this doesn't appear to make the slightest bit of difference.

Alternatively, is there any Windows 10 compatible software out there that will do more than simply allow me to use my fingerprint reader to login. I would like to use it to enter passwords for protected files and web page inputs.

I performed a clean, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro alongside my existing Windows 7 Ultimate, so I can dual boot. Until I get ALL the functionality I currently have with Windows 7, I won't be switching to Windows 10 anytime soon.

:)

milleniumaire, Apr 3, 2016
  2. Aberfoyle Win User

Windows 10 and Fingerprint Reader Compatibility.

I am looking for some information before I upgrade a PC with a fingerprint reader.

I have a HP DV7 running Windows 7 home Premium. It has a fingerprint reader that I use for a large number of passwords.

The actual fingerprint reader uses Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

The password database uses HP's SimplePass software.

Are there any known compatibility issues with Windows 10 and the fingerprint reader and it's supporting software?

Note HP has not updated the fingerprint reader software since 2011.

Their stance is:

HP has not tested this product for upgrade to Windows 10 and will not be developing

Windows 10 drivers for this product.

Aberfoyle, Apr 3, 2016
  3. MG__ Win User
    Windows Hello

Fingerprint log-in does not function with Windows Hello using Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E7450 equipped with a built-in Fingerprint Reader.
    Technique used to scan fingerprint is resting finger on reader, momentarily pausing, and then moving finger upward.

Problem started when using Settings to add fingerprint of index and middle finger of right hand - reader did not recognize fingerprints.
    Contacted Dell for assistance to replace reader and update driver. New reader finally recognized fingerprints after multiple attempts to add fingerprints.

After fingerprints were added, only a few log-ins have been successful using fingerprints.
    Most attempts to log-in with fingerprints lead to messages prompting me to clean reader and/or require log in with PIN after too many unsuccessful attempts. Cleaning the new reader with a dry cloth did not help.

Please let me know tips for using Finger Print Reader to log in from Windows Hello.

MG__, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Scuro2 Win User

Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Hi, I hope my experience can help you:

Lately I v got a Fujitsu LifeBook S935, with Validity Sensor, and few days ago' I decided to migrate from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 x64.
    Done this, my validity Fingerprint Sensor was not recognized anymore.
    With Win7 I was using UPEK Protector Suite WBF version (UPEK does exist in WBF version and in Common version, both x32 and x64) and a WBF Finger Sensor Driver.
    I tried to do the same with Win10, but when I was trying installing UPEK Protector Suite WBF (Windows Biometric Framework) version, the install was stopping with the error "You do not have the Windows Biometric Framework" (the message was different but the meaning is that one).
    Meanwhile neither UPEC Common version neither DigitalPersonal were recognising any driver (I tried a lot of them).
    I understood with my configuration just a WBF driver was working, so that I found a receipt in order to go through.
    I paste my receipt here below, do not make me too advanced questions, I am not an expert, I just found a way that I reckon can help all those are dealing with Windows 10 and a Validity Sensor:

ACTIVATE BIOMETRICS SERVICE IN WIN 10
    Press the Windows + R key simultaneously to open 'Run'
    services.msc
    On the Left side set as Automatic and Start the service
    - Windows Biometric Service

SET BIOMETRIC POLICY
    Press the Windows + R key simultaneously to open 'Run'
    gpedit.msc
    On the Right side select Administrator Template/'Windows Components/Biometrics
    On the Left side switch to Enable
    - Allow the use of biometrics
    - Allow users to log on using biometrics

DRIVER
    Install Last version of Windows Biometric Driver for the sensor, in Fujitsu LifeBook S935 (to install is better you unpack the driver and then use “Let me peek from a list of drivers in my computer”, avoid the setup), the suitable driver seems “VS-FORCED-NTx64-WBF_0050_DRV-drp”
    https://devid.drp.su/?dev=USB%5CVID_...050%26REV_0060

SIMULATE WINDOWS BIOMETRIC FRAMEWORK PRESENCE IN WINDOWS 10 (WBF)
    Copy biocpl.dll ( Biometrics Control Panel ) in Windows\System32 Folder, you can find it around or copy from a previous Windows 7 installation (x32 or x64 doesn’t matter: is a 32 bit dll)

Register it by Pressing the Windows + R key simultaneously to open 'Run'
    Regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\biocpl.dll

INSTALL UPEC WBF
    Install UPEK Protector Suite “UPEK Protector Suite WBF v.5.9.7.7279 64bit”
    http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index....12&v_code=1450
    UPEK released the last versions of Protector Suite before stopping develop and support.

Bye

Scuro2, Aug 14, 2016
  5. HP with Validity sensor

Clean installed Wn10 1607 (and most other builds) - no issues with the finger print reader (or any other issues really - maybe some cosmetic complaints or temporary issues that were resolved by an update or .... the next build)

You might try uninstalling the software and the device drivers for the fingerprint reader.

Cold start the machine and run Windows Update manually

Windows 8 and Windows 10 are very good at providing working drivers, not the latest, but they work (98% ot the time) and do not cause BSODs

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint reader on windows 10

1. Fingerprint reader on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint reader

2. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  3. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  4. why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?: yestarday when i was cleaning my laptop it was working fine but after some time, the cursor wasnt working properly and the fingerprint reader was working itself,then after restarting, and updating my laptop the cursor and rest of the things are working fine but the...
  5. why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?

why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?: yestarday when i was cleaning my laptop it was working fine but after some time, the cursor wasnt working properly and the fingerprint reader was working itself,then after restarting, and updating my laptop the cursor and rest of the things are working fine but the...
  6. my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11: Since I updated my computer to Windows 11, my fingerprint reader no longer works. if I go to Windows Hello settings it tells me that it is currently not available. but if I go to device management, there is the ELAN:FINGERPRINT program but it doesn't work. what should I do?...
  7. my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11

my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11: Since I updated my computer to Windows 11, my fingerprint reader no longer works. if I go to Windows Hello settings it tells me that it is currently not available. but if I go to device management, there is the ELAN:FINGERPRINT program but it doesn't work. what should I do?...
  8. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  9. Fingerprint reader not working.

Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  10. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update: My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But after typing my password , no vibration in my fingerprint reader when in put my finger over it. And I can't login to my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo biocpl.dll

2. windows 10 fingerprint reader sensor clean issue at end

3. window 10 WBF fingerprint