Windows 10: Fingerprint Reader ?

Discus and support Fingerprint Reader ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nathan30, Jul 7, 2015.

1. nathan30 Win User

Fingerprint Reader ?

Hi,

I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the error...

I check in the bios, no error..

Thanks in advance

:)

nathan30, Jul 7, 2015

2. Can i use External Fingerprint reader to use Windows Hello in Windows 10.

<Original Title: Windows Hello External Fingerprint reader>

I have a question of Windows Hello Fingerprint readers I was wanting to know if I buy an external fingerprint reader will that fingerprint reader work with Windows Hello? Please respond ASAP I want to get more advanced tech for my PC!

Tristin_828, Jul 7, 2015
  3. MG__ Win User
    Windows Hello

Fingerprint log-in does not function with Windows Hello using Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E7450 equipped with a built-in Fingerprint Reader.
    Technique used to scan fingerprint is resting finger on reader, momentarily pausing, and then moving finger upward.

Problem started when using Settings to add fingerprint of index and middle finger of right hand - reader did not recognize fingerprints.
    Contacted Dell for assistance to replace reader and update driver. New reader finally recognized fingerprints after multiple attempts to add fingerprints.

After fingerprints were added, only a few log-ins have been successful using fingerprints.
    Most attempts to log-in with fingerprints lead to messages prompting me to clean reader and/or require log in with PIN after too many unsuccessful attempts. Cleaning the new reader with a dry cloth did not help.

Please let me know tips for using Finger Print Reader to log in from Windows Hello.

MG__, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Fingerprint Reader ?

Try looking at services and make sure that service is running. I would thing it should be set to automatic start.

Gary, Jul 7, 2015
  5. nathan30 Win User
    The service is running, but still impossible to configure fingerprint...

nathan30, Jul 7, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    If it is a USB device try unplugging it and then plug it back in.

Gary, Jul 8, 2015
  7. nathan30 Win User
    Oh no, it's an internal one

nathan30, Jul 8, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Fingerprint Reader ?

OK Sorry but that is all I can do. I have never used a Fingerprint Reader. Have you tried the manufacturer's website for an update?

Gary, Jul 8, 2015
  9. nathan30 Win User
    I launch Windows Update, i'll see if it's solved something..

nathan30, Jul 8, 2015
  10. z3r010 Win User
    It must be a driver issue as my fingerprint reader works fine.

z3r010, Jul 8, 2015
  11. nathan30 Win User
    It's weird because in the device manager I can see the fingerprint, and there is a driver for it. But in settings, I can't configure fingerprint

nathan30, Jul 8, 2015
  12. nathan30 Win User
    It was a driver issue, now it's work *Smile

nathan30, Jul 8, 2015
  13. uuner Win User

Fingerprint Reader ?

Could you answer me, how have you done it? I have the same problem on ThinkPad SL510, and I have no method to install the fingerprint driver on it. Every time I try to install the driver, it shows the same window with "To use this product, Windows Biometric Framework must be enabled". There is no driver in device manager, and I can't use the device, I have already enabled the Biometrics in the group policy, so I don't understand how to get throw this problem.

uuner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint Reader ?

1. Fingerprint Reader ? - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Reader

2. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  3. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  4. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  5. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  6. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  7. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  8. why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?: yestarday when i was cleaning my laptop it was working fine but after some time, the cursor wasnt working properly and the fingerprint reader was working itself,then after restarting, and updating my laptop the cursor and rest of the things are working fine but the...
  9. why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?

why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?: yestarday when i was cleaning my laptop it was working fine but after some time, the cursor wasnt working properly and the fingerprint reader was working itself,then after restarting, and updating my laptop the cursor and rest of the things are working fine but the...
  10. my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11

my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11: Since I updated my computer to Windows 11, my fingerprint reader no longer works. if I go to Windows Hello settings it tells me that it is currently not available. but if I go to device management, there is the ELAN:FINGERPRINT program but it doesn't work. what should I do?...